Actuarial Assistant - A&H
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 11/17/2016
National General Insurance Company
This position works under the direction of the Actuarial Department in the A&H Division and spends a majority of their time collecting and analyzing financial data and information to make reserving decisions.
Essential Duties Include:
* Develop sales reporting and dashboards for internal partners and update on regular intervals for tracking against plan, payment of bonuses, and creating projections
* Create sales bonus models using pricing assumptions, forecast and other assumptions
* Assist with financial reporting by pulling data, updating models, and analyzing results
* Perform assigned deep dive reviews that require analysis of trends, factors, and other data-related issues to answer specific business questions.
* Provide support for other functions including filing and pricing
* Assist in analyzing financial results, profitability and forecasting related to sales analytics
* Communicate and collaborate with business partners in other functional areas, including sales, product, finance, IT, and senior management.
* Bachelor or advanced degree in computer science, insurance, actuarial science, engineering, mathematics, statistics, risk management, economics, business administration or related analytics-oriented discipline.
* Strong computer skills with high proficiency in managing and manipulating data in Excel.
* Demonstrated understanding of relational databases, data extraction, and ability to organize and analyze complex data sets.
* Strong analytical, critical thinking, and project skills
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills necessary to present information to management and other functional areas.
* Ability to project results, deal with ambiguity, solve problems, make decisions, see trends/patterns within data sets, and identify root causes.
* Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment
* Completion of 2 SOA Actuarial Exams preferred
* Experience in SQL/VBA programming.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.