This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 10/27/2016
Erie Indemnity Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONMore information about this job:
Working as an Actuarial Intern in our Actuarial Division you will,:
* Work with experienced departmental staff conducting actuarial studies for auto, property, and commercial lines of business.
* Present findings and proposals to management.
* Support the work of actuarial analysts while learning the actuarial analyst job function.
There are multiple positions available. This is a full-time summer internship position.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Communication skills
* Project management skills
* Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
* Ability to operate a computer and related equipment and software
* Ability to develop and make effective presentations
* Interpersonal skills
* Mathematical skills
* High school diploma or GED required.
* Pursuit of bachelor s degree with completion of sophomore year majoring in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Econometrics or related field required.
* Minimum 3.0 GPA required.
* Candidates in their final year of undergraduate study, or pursuing graduate studies are also eligible.
* Proficiency in probability and statistics as demonstrated by passing the first actuarial exam preferred.
* Basic knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and data base software preferred.
* PHYSICAL QUALIFICATIONS (% of Time):
* Lifting: 0-20 lbs Occasional (less than 20%); 20-50 lbs Rarely; Over 50 lbs Rarely
* Driving: Rarely
* Pushing/Pulling: Occasional (less than 20%)
* Manual Keying/Data Entry: Often (20-50%)
It is the policy of ERIE to employ qualified people without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship, color, disability, gender identity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, or sexual orientation. This basic policy of nondiscrimination applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, assignment, corrective action, compensation and discharge. Consistent with this policy, ERIE supports an inclusive workforce. - See more at: https://www.erieinsurance.com/about-us/equal-employment-opportunity#sthash.mq74ZXDB.dpuf
Additional BenefitsWellness Program
Financial Education & Counseling
Long Term Care Insurance
Short/Long Term Disability Income Benefits
Career Development Resources (Internal)
Tuition Aid Program
Some listed benefits are available for PT positions as well.