This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/1/2016
Westfield Insurance Group
Westfield Center, OH
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY BUILD YOUR FUTURE...WHILE PROTECTING THEIRS.
Your future is bright. Promising. And full of endless possibilities. Explore those possibilities at Westfield Insurance where our interns work on projects that make a difference. This is your chance to showcase your talents while we guide you in setting achievable career aspirations. From actuarial to event planning, we offer a wide range of opportunities for you to develop and grow in your chosen academic area.
ACTUARIAL INTERN JOB SUMMARY
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Internships offer an excellent opportunity for career development while generating contacts in an exciting industry. At Westfield Insurance, we offer a wide range of opportunities for interns to develop and grow in positions in their chosen academic area. Through our internships, we allow you to showcase your academic talent and guide you in setting achievable career aspirations.
We are currently looking for the right candidate to join our team as an Actuarial Intern. In this position, you will work on various actuarial projects which the supervising actuary is scheduled to complete. The specific projects will include tasks that will improve the overall actuarial process such as pulling and inputting data, modifying models / spreadsheets and reviewing the results.
This internship is a full time opportunity for a college Junior or Sophomore level student during the summer of 2017. The right candidate is pursuing a four-year degree in Actuarial Sciences or Mathematics. The selected candidate needs to be able to begin the internship in either May or June, 2017. The approximate duration of the internship is 4 months.
Our internship program encourages you to set meaningful goals and objectives for the duration of your internship. We assign a mentor who will guide you to a successful experience. You ll meet with key leaders, have job shadowing opportunities, make presentations and even evaluate and contribute new ideas. Our interns receive meaningful assignments that impact our business.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (PRIMARY FUNCTIONS AND/OR REASONS THE JOB EXISTS IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE)
* Assists business unit with work assigned to them. This often includes, but is not limited to, project work and coverage of day-to-day activities within the business unit.
* Actively participates in summer internship program events including Lunch & Learns.
* Conducts research and/or other work for projects assigned.
* May be responsible for department administrative and support duties.
* Develops business acumen through interactions and shadowing with other professionals.
* Attends business unit meetings as assigned.
* Creates and delivers presentations.
* Travels occasionally in order to participate in special assignments, training, and/or travel between office locations.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/EXPERIENCE/CERTIFICATION/EDUCATION (IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE)
* Sophomore of Junior student level actively pursuing a four-year degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics,Statistics, or related discipline
* Proven ability to collaborate and work with a team.
* Demonstrated solid oral, written and interpersonal skills resulting in the ability to interact with all levels within the organization.
* Demonstrated organization skills.
* Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently.
* Completion of one actuarial exam
* Valid driver s license and a driving record that conforms to company standards.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (SPECIFIC TO THE ROLE)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Ability to work effectively in an office environment for 40+ hours per week (including sitting, standing and working on a computer for extended periods of time).
* Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative work environment utilizing various technologies such as: telephone, computer, web, voice, teleconferencing, e-mail, etc.
* Ability to travel as required.
* Depending on assigned department, physical requirements may vary in severity.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed in this role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, responsibilities, knowledge, etc. These may be subject to change and additional functions may be assigned as needed by management.
We are an equal opportunity employer/minority/female/disability/protected veteran.