Actuary Assistant; Actuarial Analyst Associate or Senior
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/18/2016
END DATE 11/25/2016
Cambia Health Solutions
Actuary Assistant; Actuarial Analyst Associate or Senior (DOE)
Portland, OR; Seattle, WA; Burlington, WA; or Lewiston, ID
We will consider candidates both on and off the Actuary exam track.
RESPONSIBILITIES & REQUIREMENTS:
The Actuarial Division is responsible for proactively managing and retrospectively tracking and reporting on the financial and risk positions within the company, and supporting the strategic goals of the corporation.
Within that context, the Actuary Assistant and Actuarial Analyst Associate and Senior positions perform technical, analytical, support, and leadership functions to help the division and the company meets its goals.
This immediate opening will be in our Provider Reimbursement Analytics department, joining our commercial business Provider Contracting Analysis team (PCA). As a member of PCA, this position will support the Company s Network Management teams through consultative and analytic support of Commercial provider contract terms, in particular, modeling of hospital, professional, and ambulatory service center unit cost rates. Other varied responsibilities may include preparation of rate-based incentive analyses, development of market-level analytic tools, and preparation and communication of miscellaneous provider reimbursement issues.
Combine your analytical and technical skills with the following:
* Analytical and problem solving skills
* Business sense (finance, accounting, economics, risk management)
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong computer skills (especially SAS and Excel and other Office applications)
* In-depth working knowledge of how an insurance company and health care payor functions
* Proven ability to perform and manage progressively difficult actuarial and health care analytic tasks
* Ability to work independently on progressively complex projects and issues with large financial and/or risk impact to the corporation
* Ability to represent the Actuarial Division visibly in internal and external meetings as a subject matter expert
Actuary Assistant I, II or III (exam track)
* Bachelor s degree in mathematics, actuarial science, statistics, economics, computer science or an equivalent related field and 2 to 5 years experience strongly preferred or equivalent combination of education and job-related experience
* Well into the process of earning recognized actuarial credentials (ASA, MAAA), taking FSA exams and/or sets of modules depending on the level of the position
* Depending on the level of the position, must be Member of the American Academy of Actuaries in good standing or Associate or Fellow in the Society of Actuaries in good standing
Actuary Associate I (exam track)
* Bachelor s degree in mathematics, actuarial science, statistics, economics, computer science or an equivalent related field. Minimum 4 years experience and have completed at least 1 FSA exam and/or set of modules, or Career ASA, MAAA with a minimum of 6 years experience.
* Member of the American Academy of Actuaries in good standing.
* Associate in the Society of Actuaries in good standing.
* Demonstrated competency in performing all Actuary Assistant II duties.
* Ability to work independently on complex projects and issues with large financial and/or risk impact to the corporation.
* Desire to obtain Fellowship in the Society of Actuaries preferred.
Actuarial Analyst Associate I or II (non-exam track)
* Bachelor s degree in mathematics, actuarial science, statistics, economics, computer science or an equivalent related field and minimum 3 to 6 years experience strongly preferred or equivalent combination of education and job-related experience.
* Progress toward advanced degree (MS, MBA) or professional certification (CEBS, software proficiency) desirable.
Actuarial Analyst Senior I (non-exam track)
* Bachelor s degree in mathematics, actuarial science, statistics, economics, computer science or an equivalent related field and minimum 6 to 8 years experience strongly preferred in an insurance company, health plan or related health care organization.
* Advanced degree (MS,MBA) or professional certification (CEBS, software proficiency) preferred or an equivalent combination of education and job-related experience.
This position is pay levels 17 to 20 depending on experience.
At Cambia, we advocate for transforming the health care system. You aren t satisfied with the status quo and neither are we. We're looking for individuals who are as passionate as we are about transforming the way people experience health care. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check is required.
Cambia s portfolio of companies spans health care information technology and software development; retail health care; health insurance plans that carry the Blue Cross and Blue Shield brands; pharmacy benefit management; life, disability, dental, vision and other lines of protection; alternative solutions to health care access; and free-standing health and wellness solutions.
We have nearly a century of experience in developing and providing health solutions to serve our members. We had our beginnings in the logging communities of the Pacific Northwest as innovators in helping workers afford health care. That pioneering spirit has kept us at the forefront as we build new avenues to improve access to and quality of health care for the future.