This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 10/27/2016
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB SUMMARY: Practices acupuncture based upon traditional oriental medical theories to improve and maintain health through the stimulation to acupuncture points and channels by the use of needles, manual stimulation, and electrical stimulation.
* Provides assessment, diagnoses and treatment according to traditional oriental medical methods. Obtains pertinent history, performs appropriate physical assessment and diagnosis. Develops and implements acupuncture treatment plan with short and long term goals based on approved standards of care. Provides evidence based acupuncture and acupressure treatments according to plan.
* Consults with the Integrative Medicine healthcare team and other providers to ensure prescribed treatment plan is compatible with recommendations from other team members. Provides ongoing communication with the patient's referring physician and other health care providers to ensure continuity of care.
* Evaluates the effectiveness of the care plan; counsels patient in meeting established goals. Meets assessed needs and ensures short and long term goals are met. Plans follow up care as needed.
* Assists in developing patient education materials, forms, and policies. Uses approved patient education materials and educates patients and families based on care plan. Provides acupuncture education/training programs to other health care providers and the community. Actively participates in staff and/or interdisciplinary meetings, task forces and projects.
* Documents patients' records in an accurate and timely manner. Documents acupuncture visits and records pertinent data in web OMR (online medical record) in accordance with medical center, department, and Center for Integrative Care policies. Completes all relevant paperwork; submits forms and reports in a timely manner (e.g. visit ticket entries, charge tickets).
* Vocational or Technical training in accredited acupuncture school required.
* License State required.
* 3-5 years related work experience required.
* Full unrestricted license to practice acupuncture as issued by the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Medicine.
* Certification of the National Commission for the Certification of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM).
* Availability to rotate schedules weekdays, evenings and/or weekends plus flexibility to work at various locations.
* Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
* 3 years teaching experience in a biomedical setting.
* Clinical experience and knowledge in treatment of complex and varied patient populations, including but not limited to, oncologic patients and patents with other complex medical illnesses.
* Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by precedents, policies and objectives. Regularly makes decisions and recommendations on issues affecting a department or functional area.
* Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are highly varied, complex and often non-recurring, requiring staff input, innovative, creative, and Lean diagnostic techniques to resolve issues.
* Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and determines how to accomplish defined results with some guidelines. Manager/Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
* WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
* ORAL COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
* KNOWLEDGE: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
* TEAM WORK: Ability to lead collaborative teams for larger projects or groups both internal and external to the Medical Center and across functional areas. Results have implications for the management and operations of multiple areas of the organization.
* CUSTOMER SERVICE: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
AGE BASED COMPETENCIES:
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
PHYSICAL NATURE OF THE JOB:
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and or up to 20 pounds of force frequently. Job is physical in nature and employee needs to stand and/or move around through the majority of their shift.
Working for the Cheng and Tsui Center for Integrative Care in HCA, provides acupuncture treatments in an outpatient group setting to patients that may have functional impairments, limitations and disabilities and an interest in an integrative and preventive approach to health. The acupuncturist guides the process of empowering patients to progress towards improved health and well-being through the stimulation of acupuncture points and channels.
This is a grant funded position.
BIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATION
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the linked poster:http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf