Acute Care Registered Nurse 9/6/2016
South Bend, IN
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY We are a patient focused acute care hospital, recognized as one of the top 100 hospitals in the nation to work for, looking for highly compassionate Registered Nurses to join our ICU/Critical Care team in Elkhart, Indiana.
As the Acute Care Nurse, you will be responsible for performing technical procedures on high risk patients in the ICU. This professional will assess the needs of patients, initiating and implementing their plan of care, while teaming up with physicians and otherhealthcare professionals to provide the highest quality of care to critical patients.
AS THE ACUTE CARE RN WE LOOK TO YOU TO:
* Assess patient's condition and evaluate care plan to determine if revisions or additional care is needed based on patient's acuity
* Ensure ventilators, monitors and other types of medical equipment function properly
* Administer intravenous fluids and medications
* Ordering diagnostic tests
* Collaborate with fellow members of the critical care team
* Respond to life-saving situations
* Act as patient advocate
* Provide education and support to the patient's family
* 2+ years of experience in an acute care setting, will welcome new grads of an accredited nursing program
* Indiana RN license
* Active CPR certification
If you are looking to achieve substantial professional growth with a team that will support you along the way, then this is your opportunity to become a part of our growing organization. Apply now and take advantage of competitive benefits and compensation!