Adjunct Driving Instructor (Part Time)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 10/29/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAbout Our Company
ACADEMI is an elite security services provider. With expertise forged in the world's most challenging environments, our world-class network of security professionals design customized solutions for our clients to help them navigate the complex, sensitive environments in which they operate. Today's changing security climate demands innovative solutions that can be applied in both high-threat and low profile operating environments. ACADEMI has become a trusted partner to both government and commercial clients by providing solutions that foster a smarter, safer security approach based on knowledge and training. Our cadre of experienced instructors create comprehensive training curriculums for both government and commercial clients that utilize our premiere 7,000 acre training facility located in Moyock, North Carolina. ACADEMI works as a team to promote a culture of integrity, excellence, and dignity in everything we do, making us a trusted global security partner. As set forth in its Code of Business Ethics and Conduct, ACADEMI / Constellis Group is committed to the highest standards of integrity, ethical behavior, and compliance with all applicable laws. As a prospective employee of ACADEMI / Constellis Group, I will support these objectives by complying with all applicable domestic and international laws and regulations and fulfilling humanitarian responsibilities towards all those affected by the Company's business activities. I also agree to respect the various cultures in all parts of the world in which it operates.
Adjunct Driving Instructor (Part Time)
Moyock, NC 27958 US (Primary)
High School or Equivalent
How much Travel*
Demonstrates, explains, and instructs tactical driving and operations. Serves as subject matter expert and resource for all aspects of tactical driver s training and operations. Instructors will serve on a part time basis and scheduled to instruct courses throughout the year.
* Provides instructional and conduct guidance to students.
* Manages course flow to meet training curriculum guidelines and timelines.
* Ensures proper setup of the driving track.
* Explains and demonstrates the use of equipment.
* Conducts in car driver training in the following areas: Advanced Highway Safety, Beyond Normal Limits Driving, Tactical Driver Training (HMMWV driver training, off-road driver training and recovery techniques, high center of gravity vehicle driver training, and Evasive Actions.
* Observes and evaluates the individual participants driving habits and reactions under various driving conditions to determine suitable remedial instruction and practice.
* Communicates and enforces safety procedures.
* Ensures safety of all students.
* Identifies in a timely manner training requirements needed to maintain required certifications and company standards, and completes all required continuing education and refresher training programs.
* Completes any additional training and/or certifications required by the government or the contract.
* Completes and files all required reports and documentation in a timely manner.
* Other duties as assigned.
* High school diploma or equivalent is required.
* Two years of Law Enforcement, Military Operations and/or Professional Driving experience is required.
* Special Operations experience may be substituted
* Must have successfully complete the ACADEMI Open Enrollment Driving Instructor Course.
* Driving Course is scheduled for one week in May
* Must be experienced in instructional techniques and proficient in MS Office.
* Current valid driver s license required.
* Effective oral and written communication skills with all levels of the organization.
* Must pass pre-employment background check and drug screen.
* Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage time and multiple priorities to completion.
* Problem solving skills with an analytical thought process.
* Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
Work is based in a busy training environment and subject to frequent interruptions. In addition to work in a classroom setting, frequent work outside and in inclement weather conditions is required, including heat, cold, and humidity. May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration. Must wear Personal Protective Equipment as required by established Company Safety standards. Normal work hours are Monday-Friday 8:00 to 5:00, however some extended or weekend hours are required, and work schedule will vary.
Must be able to lift and carry awkward items weighing up to 100 lbs. Requires standing for long periods of time in all weather conditions. Requires intermittent sitting, walking, running, climbing, squatting, stretching, bending and kneeling. Requires constant use of hands and fingers to feel, handle or operate objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision required by this job includes close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
ACADEMI is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants receive consideration without regard to race, age, ethnicity, religion, gender, national origin, disability or any other basis prohibited by law.