Adjunctive Therapist (Recreation, Music or Art Therapist) - Therapeutic Interventions - (PT Weekends Only)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 12/1/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 00001-55318
TRISTAR CENTENNIAL MEDICAL CENTER NASHVILLE, TN
Our 657 bed hospital is both nationally and locally recognized, including being named as one of the nation's Top 100 Hospitals in the areas of cardiology, stroke, orthopaedics and breast cancer management. As a result of the continued advances in quality care, many improvements in all areas of healthcare have been made and thousands of lives have been significantly impacted. This position will play a key part in continuing our success!
The ADJUNCTIVE THERAPIST provides the core of programming by facilitating therapeutic groups offered to the patients at Parthenon Pavilion. The ADJUNCTIVE THERAPIST\'S responsibilities in the following areas include: four groups daily, completing PsychoSocial Assessments, participating in treatment planning, 1:1s with patients and supervision of volunteers and students.
* Implements therapeutic programming and treatments for assigned patients.
* Chair programming committee for treatment program(s).
* Establishes goals and objectives for assigned groups.
* Conducts a minimal of four groups daily and provides notes after each group.
* Evaluates assigned groups on a regular basis.
* Functions as a member of the treatment team.
* Completes psychosocial assessments, group notes, care plan reviews, patient education notes and progress notes for assigned patients.
* Participates in treatment planning, case reviews and physician rounds.
* Administers patient care in a safe and effective manner.
* Responds to all emergency calls.
* Maintains patient confidentiality.
* Maintains supplies.
* Provides field instruction and supervision for recreation or music therapy student interns.
* Researches evidence based programming techniques to be shared and utilized by treatment team.
* Provides behavioral health education to community agencies, facilities and referral sources.
* Participates in hospital wide committees as needed.
* Bachelor's Degree in Recreation Therapy, Music Therapy or Master's Degree in Art Therapy are required
* CTRS, ATR or MT-BC, as specified by specific discipline professional certification guidelines (or eligible to sit for certification)
Last Edited: 08/15/2016