This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/28/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Code: 00041-16595
Administrative Assistant to CNO
General Description of Position: To provide clerical support and assistance to the Chief Nursing Officer, other administrative leaders and managerial staff at LewisGale Hospital Pulaski
Duties Include But Are Not Limited To:
* Provides clerical support to hospital s administrative office requiring knowledge of standard office concepts, practices, and procedures.
* Receives and distributes Information to and from CNO.
* Compiles routine correspondence and reports.
* Schedules appointments.
* Answers telephones, screens callers, relays messages, and greets visitors.
* Provides project assistance to CNO. Assist in managing CNO s schedule; working the assist in balancing work schedule.
* Coordinates itinerary / travel / lodging arrangements as needed. Assist with initiatives and projects related to nursing as assigned by the CNO.
* Provides written correspondence a s directed by the CNO
* Serves as scheduler and record keeper for Nursing Councils and other committees as required.
* Utilizes dictation and word processing skills for typing Policies and Procedures, correspondence, etc. Assists with updating P&P s.
* Accurately maintains filing and record keeping system.
* Orders supplies as needed. Assists Administrative nursing staff with purchase orders. Responsible for Records Management for CEO and CNO offices. Assists with management of forms hospital-wide.
Performance Expectations for all Positions:
* Performs Work Accurately
* Errors or mistakes occur infrequently or are minor in nature. Generally conscientious in completing tasks error-free.
* Supports Hospital Policies
* Follows hospital rules as described in department and hospital policies; seeks out assistance if unsure.
* Is Dependable
* Completes work with minimal supervision. Adjusts to workload variations as assigned
* Has Good Attendance
* Experiences unexceptional number of occurrences (generally no more than 3 per year, excluding bereavement and FMLA). Consistently arrives at work on time. Conscientious about missed work.
* Continuously Learns
* Attends required education and required in-services, attends extra classes if asked. Meets requirements for attendance at department meetings.
* Supports Code of Conduct
* Adheres to company ethics and compliance standards at work, including confidentiality and privacy. Appropriately refers questions.
* Follows Safety Rules
* Follows established safety guidelines in all work related activities; follows standard precautions including hand washing and use of PPE; properly handles hazardous materials within the department.
* Solves Problems
* Will identify and analyze problems, considering various alternatives. Takes action when confronted with a problem. Generally takes responsibility for actions when negative outcomes are identified.
* Suggests Improvements
* Offers opinions and ideas regarding improvements when asked; Offers opinions and ideas regarding improvements when asked; willing to assist with solutions and participates in team efforts.
* Performs Work Timely
* Work is completed on time.
* Demonstrates Initiative
* Performs work that is assigned, occasionally seeks out additional assignments or puts in extra effort.
* Communicates Appropriately
* Communicates effectively to appropriate persons to ensure problems are taken care of; consistently uses chain of command. Encourages collaboration or teamwork.
Works Well With Others
* Team player; works toward accomplishing job assignments and assists with department and organization goals as asked. Gets along with others and interacts with them positively.
* Is Courteous/Friendly
* Generally smiles, establishes eye contact, pleasant tone of voice, calls people by name, introduces self to patients; knocks before entering patient rooms; generally gives customer his/her full attention
* Is Flexible/Adaptable
* Easy going; works well under pressure; approaches change positively. Generally flexible with schedule changes
License: None required Degree: Associates or Bachelors
Experience: Two years' secretarial
Medical experience preferred
Last Edited: 09/13/2016