Admin Dir Epidemiology
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Staten Island, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe are looking for ADMIN DIR EPIDEMIOLOGY for our client in STATEN ISLAND, NY
JOB TITLE: ADMIN DIR EPIDEMIOLOGY
JOB LOCATION: STATEN ISLAND, NY
JOB TYPE: FULL TIME
* Required Admin Dir Epidemiology
* Directs, plans and organizes infection control activities for all departments, areas and services of the facility.
* Ensures identification, coordination, implementation and evaluation of standards of quality care with the Chief/Chairman of Infection Control.
* Directs, plans and organizes staff and activities of the Department of Infectious Diseases.
* Develops, monitors and evaluates facility infection control activities for the health system's Quality Management Program.
* Directs and organizes outbreak situations, and serves as liaison for governing agencies throughout the course of the situation.
* Organizes and integrates infection control policies and practices through programs designed to eliminate infectious hazards in needed areas.
* Conducts inspections of all patient and non-patient areas to evaluate and ensure compliance with policies, procedures and regulations defined by the facility and governing agencies.
* Interprets regulations regarding infection control standards and recommends revisions to procedures and programs as needed.
* Maintains data and records of all outbreaks, quality control and improvement efforts. Analyzes infection surveillance data to identify epidemiological variations.
* Actively participates in research projects relating to infectious diseases, quality control and improvement efforts,
* Performs related duties as required.
* ADA Essential Functions
* Masters Degree in Nursing or related field, required.
* Current license to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse in New York State.
* Certification Board of Infection Control (CBIC) Certification, required.
* Completion of Infection Control Course facilitated by Center for Disease Control (CDC), required.
* Minimum of seven (7) years progressively responsible experience in a clinical or hospital epidemiology setting, including supervisory experience, required.
* Knowledge of clinical Microbiology, Public Health Administration and statistical analysis,
* 7+ to 10 years experience
* Management Experience Required - Yes
* Minimum Education - Master's Degree
* Willingness to Travel - Occasionally