Admin Support Associate
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 11/15/2016
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW
Located in Boston and the surrounding communities, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute brings together world renowned clinicians, innovative researchers and dedicated professionals, allies in the common mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases. Combining extremely talented people with the best technologies in a genuinely positive environment, we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients of all ages; we conduct research that advances treatment; we educate tomorrow's physician/researchers; we reach out to underserved members of our community; and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
This position provides a variety of administrative functions to staff, faculty member/s or department/s. Uses various office software to produce reports, spreadsheets, presentations or other documents as needed. Requires knowledge of Institute policies and practices and may be required to interface with senior management, cross-organizations, internal and external customers and government and community officials which require considerable tact and diplomacy.
With direct supervision, provides general administrative support as follows:
* Assists the Office of Grants and Contracts with preparation of presentation materials, reports, and mailings
* Responsible for data entry and reporting of certain data points
* Responsible for scheduling meetings, develop and maintain meeting minutes, action items and issue logs.
* Process purchase orders, check requests, employee reimbursements and petty cash vouchers as needed
* May coordinate travel arrangements for individuals supported and visiting speakers.
* Resolve day-to-day administrative problems
* May assist with the onboarding of new staff members.
* Responsible for ordering supplies and maintain supply inventory
* Answers phones and directs calls to appropriate parties.
* Responsible for general office duties such as copying, filing, faxing, sorting mail, greeting visitors and maintaining the cleanliness of office area.
* Prepares general correspondence, creates Excel spreadsheets, revises existing PowerPoint presentations
* Prepares monthly expense reports, performs Pcard reconciliations, processes requests for vendor payments
* May be responsible for website maintenance as needed.
* May coordinate moves, meetings assignments, equipment upkeep and timekeeping oversight
* Perform duties related to other special projects as required.
* Review and process Billing agreements.
* Responsible for MicroStrategy data validations.
* Responsible for Administrative functions of Limited Applications process.
* Responsible for the oversight and management of DFCI grantsandcontracts and DFCI eSubs mailboxes.
* Other office duties as assigned.
* High school degree required
* Minimum of 0-3 years relevant experience working in a medical or scientific research setting or comparable technology-oriented business environment is preferred.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Knowledgeable of computer applications including Microsoft Office, Microsoft Outlook, and Excel.
* Strong customer service skills and the ability to interact professionally with peers, leadership and external contacts.
* Must posses the ability to maintain confidentiality and pay attention to detail.
* Excellent ability to organize, prioritize and follow-through.
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is an equal opportunity employer and affirms the right of every qualified applicant to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, ancestry, military service, protected veteran status, or other groups as protected by law.