Admininstrative Director - Case Management
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 12/3/2016
San Jose, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 03360-16461
GOOD SAMARITAN HOSPITAL is a 474 bed acute care hospital in the heart of Silicon Valley, with two locations; the main campus in San Jose, California and Mission Oaks campus in Los Gatos, California. Good Samaritan is recognized as a leader in neurosciences, high risk obstetrics, comprehensive cancer services, advanced cardiology and innovative surgery techniques.
Under the direction of the CFO, the Admin Director of Case Management and Social Services is responsible for the management and direction of the quality of the case management and social services programs at Good Samaritan Hospital.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (List essential functions in order of responsibility):
1. Develops, maintains and implements plans, goals and policy and procedures for both the Case management and Social Services Departments.
2. Works with the Administrative Team and Utilization Review Committee to set financial goals (LOS, etc.). Is responsible for the implementation and supervision of the process of achieving these goals.
3. Balances productivity, clinical effectiveness and service issues to meet the needs of the patients, physicians, and hospital.
4. Creates and implements systems of communication between Access Care Services, Business Office, Medical Records, Nursing Units, Emergency Department, Bed Control, Social Services, and other departments that increases the efficiency and effectiveness of the case management and social services processes. These systems should assist in achieving the goals, policies and procedures, and processes described in 1, 2, and 3 above.
5. Responsible for the training and supervision of social services and case management staff. This includes organizing, planning and establishing procedures and policies to remain in compliance with published federal, state, county and Joint Commission regulations.
6. Represents the hospital in medical staff committee meetings as it relates to case management and social services.
7. Represents the hospital in administrative meetings established to enhance the working relationship with contracted providers (IPA, Health plans, Medical Group etc.)
8. Assures compliance with federal and state regulations and accordance with the hospital's Utilization Management, Quality and Risk Management Plans.
9. Aggregates and analyzes data generated by and submitted to the Case Management Department as required by the Medical Staff, Administration and outside agencies.
10. Exercises primary responsibility for the annual review and approval of the Case Management plan, by the appropriate medical committees, Administration and the Governing Board in accordance with the Joint Commission Standards and Accreditation.
11. Prepares and manages the departments annual operation budget. Fiduciary responsibilities include approval of rental or purchase of all capital items.
12. Demonstrates service management philosophy in departmental and interdepartmental dealings.
13. Responsible for directing and implementing Best Practices initiatives.
14. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING (include Licenses and Professional Affiliations):
EDUCATION: Education commensurate with job responsibilities preferred, i.e., BSN, B.S. in Health Administration or related field. Masters preparation preferred.
EXPERIENCE: 3 5 years of hospital management. 3 5 years discharge planning. 3 5 years Utilization Review. 3 5 years Quality and Risk Management.
SPECIALIZED TRAINING: CPHQ certification preferred.
LICENSURE: CA RN license required.
Last Edited: 11/11/2016