Administrative Analyst 8/12/2016
University of California - Los Angeles Medical Centers
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Title:
760 Westwood Plz 88-201 Los Angeles, CA
$21.75 / $3784
$42.88 / $7462
Layoff Referral Deadline:
Prepare monthly reports on paid, accrued encumbered expenditures to reflect current financial status of the department's multiple funding source budgets
Prepare fiscal projection on all grants directed by P.I. and report on short and long term consequences of potential expenditures
Review, analyze and reconcile Campus general ledgers with department paperwork
Serve as fiscal liaison on behalf of the department to work with EFM and Sponsored Research to resolve various contracts and grant issues.
Advise PI of issues and concerns related to contracts and grants and financial matters, make recommendations and assist with resolutions as directed.
Interpret fiscal policy and procedure and coordinate the financial and accounting efforts of the department.
Review award synopsis, agency notice of award and transfer of funds for accuracy. Review and process Request for Approval to Spend (RAS) if funding allocation hasn't been received.
Review all payroll and non-payroll expenses upon close of budget period and identify all inapplicable expenses and make appropriate adjustments in a timely manner.
Audit and manage purchasing agreements, contract, and purchase orders, etc., for the department and coordinate with internal/external parties as required.
Provide budget management funding analysis and recommendations to personnel for academic, staff and research series employees.
Advise PI on preparation of proposals for submission deadlines. Analyze new, continuing and renewal applications, Analyze proposal applications for compliance to Agency guidelines and make appropriate recommendations PI.
Conduct variance analysis of inception to date total funds committed and total allocations by each funding source, including overhead analysis.
Analyze fiscal impacts to the department's budget of all personnel activities and perform funding analysis of salary and benefits distribution on PARs. Audit, prepare and process on-line payroll transfer of expense (UPAY) in a timely manner, Update EDB as needed to reflect funding changes.
Monitor expired funding sources and provide recommendations to PI in regards to fund balances in timely manner in advance of end dates.
Prepare other special reports requested by PI, OES Operations Manager and Director of Finance.
Maintain working knowledge in all areas of contract and grant management including transfer of grants between institutions, policies and procedures of funding agencies and general policies and procedures of OCGA, EFM, accounting, material management and other university services.
Meet monthly with PI and administrators to review and analyze each funding source, and general financial resource management.
Process LVO, Travel, Purchase requisitions, etc., BruinBuy, Travel Express and/or PAC. Research and identify problem invoices, and maintain open liens. Review monthly H& I status invoices and take appropriate action.
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE AND LEDGER RECONCILIATION
Process operating expense requests, assign FAU and review for compliance with the University and Funding agency policies and procedures.
Reconcile and review campus general ledgers, identify and resolve discrepancies and monitor projected overdrafts in a timely manner.
Reconcile and review campus Payroll ledgers, identify and resolve discrepancies and prepare transfer as needed.
Maintain paper audit trail on all funds
Review and approve all forms on Extramural Funds and communicate with vendors and other campus department as needed in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate skill in financial analysis to monitor and project fiscal performance, to develop and manage complex budgets and to prepare and explain financial reports.
- Demonstrate ability to interpret the funding agency and University policies and procedures and to effectively communicate with sponsored Research and Extramural Fund Management.
- Demonstrate skill in interpreting and explaining terms and conditions of a contract or grant using knowledge of extramural awards for State, Federal, local and private agencies.
- Demonstrate in-depth comprehension of UCLA general and subsidiary ledgers.
- Demonstrate skills in fully utilizing UCLA on-line reporting system, BruinBuy, Travel Express, and QDB to perform financial analysis
- Demonstrate knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and their practical applications in funding accounting.
- Demonstrate knowledge of accounting principles and practices in accrual and deferral, responsibility accounting, break-even analysis and work in progress.
- Demonstrate knowledge of UCLA accounting policies, procedures, ledgers and forms.
- Ability to interpret, analyze and evaluate financial information.
- Demonstrate skill in processing and preparing UCLA forms including, but not limited to, transfer of funds, financial journal, purchase requisition, department deposit record, department repair authorization, travel expense voucher, check request, limited value order and interdepartmental recharge request.
- Audit and authorize forms to comply with UCLA policies and procedures including, but not limited to, the areas of entertainment, foreign travel per diem, purchasing, consultants and memberships.
- Demonstrate proficiency using PC in a Window and Network environment.
- Ability to complete special projects in a timely manner as assigned.
Strong communication and interpersonal skills to develop and maintain cooperative working relationship with OES colleagues, staff, faculty, vendors and other campus departments.