This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
Navarro Research and Engineering
Andrews Air Force Base, MD
JOB DESCRIPTIONNavarro Research and Engineering, Inc. is recruiting for an Administrative Assistant in Andrews AFB, MD.
Navarro is a premier contractor providing high-quality technical services to DOE, NASA, and DOD. Navarro’s success is based on our customer service focus and our well-known responsiveness and innovation. In all we do, either in corporate management or in our services to our clients, we seek for the most effective and efficient approaches to provide best value to our clients.
- Perform various administrative, clerical, and/or operations support duties and responsibilities in one or more of the following areas: emergency operations support, procurement, and logistics.
- May interface with outside agencies to collect information for after action/lessons learned documentation as requested.
- Perform data entry using standard document management programs to register documents, maintain databases, and produce logs, transmittals, and other reports. Enter data and produce reports using other standard office automation or department-specific computer applications.
- Maintain electronic or paper, as appropriate, filing system and record copies of project or departmental documents, such as engineering design, procurement and supplier documents, manuals and procedures, communications, correspondence, material requisitions, or any other department-specific materials.
- Assemble information, such as status reports, for supervisor and other department or project personnel as requested.
- Develop written desk procedures.
- Exchange information with others as directed to aid in the various phases of daily organizational unit activities; such as composing routine correspondence and gathering data for reports.
- May enter time and/or expense records.
- Schedule meetings and coordinate requests for equipment, such as overhead projectors and audio/video devices.
- Prepare paperwork and help coordinate services for activities such as project or department moves.
- Extract data and assemble routine information, make routine calculations as directed and perform routine mathematical computations for various reports.
- Develop understanding of policies and procedures relevant to area of responsibility. Make recommendations for work process improvements, procedures, and practices.
- Perform administrative duties to aid in various phases of daily activities, such as composing correspondence, gathering/analyzing data for reports, and coordinating project or department activities and requirements with appropriate support groups.
- May order project or department supplies and maintain appropriate supply levels.
- May prepare routine documents, using standard word processing, spreadsheet, or other office software, as needed, to support work activities.
- May maintain and track personnel-related information.
- May assist with operational planning activities and preparation of presentation materials
- Minimum Education and Experience: High School diploma or equivalent.
- Able to use personal computer, printers, copiers, telephones, fax machines, calculators, and other general office equipment.
- Able to follow oral and written instruction, and follow through on all assignments.
- Able to understand policies and procedures to perform assignments and use some creativity and initiative.
- Able to plan/organize work to complete assignments in the most efficient manner and meet required deadlines.
- Able to deal with pressure of handling multiple tasks, complaints, frequent interruptions, and time constraints.
- Knowledge of basic math, grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Active Department of Energy Q Clearance is required.
- Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, US citizenship is required.
Navarro is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment witho