Administrative Assistant Associate
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 2/28/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONFirst American Home Buyers Protection offers a wide range of affordable home warranty products and services to home sellers and agents. A member of the First American Family of Companies (NYSE: FAF), First American was named one of FORTUNE s 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2016. For more information, visit homewarranty.firstam.com.
Provides administrative support to a department, management team, and/or executive. Acts as focal point for department and company policy information. Screens calls, schedules appointments, maintains calendars, makes travel arrangements, responds to requests for information on a wide range of topics, and prepares reports. Assignments often involve work of a confidential nature and require knowledge of practices and procedures of the function, company products, policies and programs. Operates general office equipment such as personal computer, typewriter, copier, calculator, fax or other office machines.
* Performs routine administrative support for a department or administrative unit.
* Researches and obtains information for routine reports and special assignments.
* Compiles and analyzes data, and prepares reports for action by management.
* Prepares and may compose correspondence, reports, presentations, etc.
* Screens telephone calls and may resolve routine inquiries
* May screen and respond to e-mail inquiries
* Schedule and maintain calendar of appointments, meetings and travel itineraries and coordinate related arrangements
* Screens calendar requests, gathering information from requestor and presenting request to manager
* Gathers information for reports, to obtain approvals, to distribute to department employees, etc.
* Familiarity with several office software packages which include word processing, spreadsheets, databases, graphics and desktop publishing applications.
* Requires HS diploma; AA preferred
* Incumbents generally have 1-2 years of experience in an office environment.