IT Administrative Assistant
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 11/15/2016
Sidley Austin LLP
JOB DESCRIPTIONMORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
This individual will coordinate a variety of administrative duties in support of the CIO and departmental reports. Work assignments are complex in nature, where considerable judgment, tact, creativity and initiative are required. Provide administrative support which includes, but is not limited to, writing/typing notes, presentations and correspondence, interacting with executives, clients, etc. Make travel arrangements, completes expense reports, plans meetings and any other administrative duties as assigned.
* Reviews, requests, schedules appointments and meetings, conference calls and other department events; informs attendees/participants of function dates and times, reserves meeting space, provides audio/visual and other equipment/materials if required.
* Performs a full range of administrative duties for the CIO as well as assigned departmental managers, e.g. preparing PowerPoint presentations, writing/typing notes and correspondence, maintaining excel spreadsheets, filing, receiving and distributing mail, ordering supplies and maintaining confidential records. Proofreads all written materials to ensure professional and accurate documentation.
* Coordinates office moves and facility related requests.
* Arranges all domestic and international travel for the entire IT department (all offices).
* Maintains IT department org chart(s) and department phone lists.
* Greet visitors, answer and direct phone calls, take messages and respond to questions.
* Compile data for reports and presentations.
* Assist other administrative assistants to work as a team as workload dictates, especially in phone coverage for the CIO. Willing to coordinate PTO with other admin assistants to ensure coverage.
* Maintain and complete expense reports and order office supplies.
* Takes message or fields answers for all routine and non-routine questions.
* Acts as a liaison with other departments and vendor/clients, including high-level staff such as Executive Director, Chief Financial Officer and Directors of Administration. Handles confidential and non-routine information and explains policies when necessary.
* Works independently and within a team on special nonrecurring and ongoing projects.
* Proofreads copy for spelling, grammar and layout, making appropriate changes. Responsible for accuracy and clarity of final copy.
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the Duties and Responsibilities (Duties) above satisfactorily and meet the requirements below. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. If you need such an accommodation, please email email@example.com (current employees should contact Human Resources).
Education and/or Experience:
* High School graduate or equivalent
* Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint
* College degree preferred
* Ability to accurately type 50 words per minute
* IT Background and/or experience supporting IT Department
* Experience with Microsoft Visio, Access, Project, Outlook, Excel
Other Skills and Abilities:
The following will also be required of the successful candidate:
* Strong organizational skills
* Strong attention to detail
* Good judgment
* Strong interpersonal communication skills
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Able to work harmoniously and effectively with others
* Able to preserve confidentiality and exercise discretion
* Able to work under pressure
* Able to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines and priorities
Sidley Austin LLP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer