Administrative Assistant- Columbus, IN
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
SGS North America
JOB DESCRIPTIONADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
SGS Transportation, is a division of SGS Group based in Geneva Switzerland, we provide commercial and statutory related services to our clients in the US, Canada, and Mexico. SGS Taylor is an accredited l testing laboratory providing test and engineering services to industry worldwide.
* Administrative and office support for SGS Columbus Facility
* Site Operations Director
* Answers phones, directs calls, and/or takes messages as appropriate
* Greets and directs customers and site visitors
* Post visitors names to monitor
* Clean & organizes front office and conference rooms
* Manages schedule for conference room
* Picks up, opens and distributes mail
* Arranges outgoing UPS, FEDEX, and Freight Shipments as necessary
* Maintains and posts data as required to the operations metrics report file
* Download s camera s edits and watermarks pictures as necessary
* Compiles and updates project lists from quotes opened. Create hardcopy files for all open projects
* Tracks and submits gas tax refund paperwork to SOM monthly
* Tracks inventory and orders supplies for facility (office supplies, safety supplies, general house keeping supplies)
* Facilitates ordering, repair, administration of any office machinery as requested
* Order/Administer Verizon Cell phones as requested (monthly billing call)
* At all times, comply with SGS Code of Integrity and Professional Conduct
* Professional attitude - good spirited individual for customer handling
* Maintain a neat, organized, and professional appearance.
* Fluent in English, high level of written and verbal English
* Strong desire to learn and develop professionally
* Strong customer service oriented mindset
* Professional, high standards in personal presentation
* Ability to work independently and coordinate several activities simultaneously
* Team player, ability to network
* Good communication, interpersonal and listening skills
* Acquire and maintain proficiency in Microsoft word, excel, powerpoint, outlook and contact management.
HEALTH AND SAFETY GUIDELINES:
* Demonstrates strong commitment to SGS HSE Policies, Procedures, and Work Instructions by completing required training, intervening in unsafe situations, refusing unsafe work, and complying fully with all applicable laws and regulations related to HSE.
* Responds appropriately to emergency situations and assists other staff members in maintaining readiness to respond to emergencies within the workplace.
* In accordance with the SGS HSE Management System requirements, disposes of, or directs the disposal of, waste generated as a part of daily work performed in a safe manner and in compliance with all waste transportation and disposal regulations and requirements.
* Reports all incidents (actual incidents and near misses) in accordance with the SGS Incident Reporting requirements.
* Uses all equipment (including safety equipment) in the manner intended and reports any damaged / lost equipment to supervisor.
* Maintain a safe and tidy worksite.
* Maintains awareness of hazards and proposes controls to supervisor, HSE Representatives or relevant client / site contact.
* Actively participates in incident investigations and risk assessments as deemed necessary by SGS management.
* Responsible for hearing protection, eye protection, and general safety for visitors touring the laboratory area.
High School Diploma or general education degree (GED).
A minimum of two (2) years of transferable experience performing administrative responsibilities.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from individuals and/or groups both within the organization or while representing the organization.
Ability to work independently with minimal or no supervision.
Excellent organization skills which includes the ability to execute many assignments simultaneously while dealing with a steady of seemingly conflicting requests/priorities.
Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment when necessary.
Excellent knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.) and other office applications.
* To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
* This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
* SGS is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will be called back shortly. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.