This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 11/30/2016
Vanir Construction Management, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONMORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
Vanir Construction Management, Inc. has been exceeding client expectations for 35 years. Our progressive growth and quality of service has led Vanir to become consistently ranked among the top construction management firms in the nation by Engineering News-Record. As we continue growing into new areas and markets, our focus is to maintain a team of creative, ambitious, and visionary individuals. We are currently recruiting to fill the following position:
Reports to Area/Regional Manager, Director, or assigned Manager. Provides administrative, secretarial support in the areas of reports, clerical tasks, documentation, and office operation functions. Will provide administrative secretarial support in Corporate, Regional/Area, and project offices as assigned. Responsible for regular support to assigned tasks of an administration nature that ensure adherence to all pertinent objectives outlined for the support to the entity assigned and/or company. Functions as the administrative support for such procedures as correspondence, meeting minutes, proposals, and other document management.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Provides administrative, secretarial support that includes the organization of file systems and related data support to the maintenance of document management systems and integrity of the filing systems and related retrieval
* Provides application of typing and word processing for correspondence, meeting minutes, proposals, and other material from rough draft of corrected copy. Types, assembles, and distributes monthly reports, proposals, and similar documents. Maintains regular reports and metrics as required by direction.
* Provides administration of mail procedures that include sorting and processing incoming and outgoing mail and correspondence (FedEx/UPS/GSO) and interoffice communications. Ensures correctness of mail room procedures, supplies, and labeling. Orders mailing postage and supplies and necessary tracking to ensure mail operations run smoothly.
* Assists staff with copying and distribution of project related materials such as submittals, shop drawings, RFI's and other project corporate documents. Maintains the required logs and updates them as needed.
* Maintains mailing lists, lead tracking, specialized data, and database systems and coordinates for periodic updates
* Perform reception duties as required. Acts as greeter to office, receiving and directing clients and guests. Operates the telephone paging system, receives and directs calls in a timely and professional manner. Will use voicemail and email in messaging as appropriate. Maintains awareness of where employees are as well as of visitors at all times.
* Assists in maintaining all necessary record-keeping activities. Completes forms for corporate procedures such as requests, distribution lists, logs, meeting room coordination, schedules of employees, and visitors to the facility and parking validation.
* Primary administrative support to the setup, classification, and maintenance of office and corporate files. Locates materials as necessary, records classifications, compilation and posting of necessary information in accordance to company requirements or direction. Assists in maintaining the correct resources of periodicals, library, and technical resource information according to company or project requirements.
* Bachelor's Degree with emphasis in business administration or technical degree in related construction disciple or equivalent technical area of study. 2+ years of experience in business administration or construction, engineering or architectural related position or combined internships.
* Or, Associate's Degree with a preference in business disciplines such as business administration, accounting/finance or management or construction disciple. 4+ years of experience in project coordination and support on construction, engineering, or equivalent technical projects.
* Or, non-degree holders must possess 6+ years of experience in a construction, engineering, architecture, or similar technical projects related to providing coordination, project support, and planning. Incumbent should be planning to advance their education.
* Must possess knowledge and application of providing administrative support to corporate and construction office procedures, administrative support applications and practices
* Understanding and capability of effective personnel interactions in professional settings
* Must have the ability to provide interpersonal and communications skills to effectively communicate in person or via correspondence. Capable use of English grammar, proofreading/editing and spelling is required.
* Must have a complete understanding of company policies and procedures
* Advanced computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite products. Project documentation software experience is preferred.
* Ability to represent Vanir and related entities in a professional manner at all times to ensure company policies and procedures as well as compliance to all applicable laws and regulations
HOW TO APPLY:
If you're interested in working for Vanir Construction Management, Inc., please visit our website to learn more and to apply online at www.vanir.com.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Contact Email: email@example.com
We Participate in E-Verify