Administrative Assistant II - Administration
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB SUMMARY: Provides secretarial and administrative support for the department. Involves extensive interaction with diverse populations including the public, visitors, patients and families, medical practitioners and medical center staff.
* Answers and screens telephone calls. Takes accurate messages or directs call to appropriate person. Greets and directs patients/families, visitors and staff. Responds to requests in a timely manner and provides clear and accurate information within scope of knowledge and authority.
* Types and prepares correspondence and documents according to quality standards. Proofreads and edits materials for grammar, punctuation and spelling. Drafts routine correspondence. Compiles and distributes reports and other information as needed..
* Schedules appointments and meetings and maintains calendars and schedules for assigned staff. Assists in preparation for conferences, seminars and other department sponsored programs or events. Receives, records and prepares related materials and performs other related duties as assigned.
* Organizes and maintains department files, records and databases following established procedures. Enters information from source documents into databases and/or spreadsheets.
* Prepares, routes and tracks routine administrative forms and documents. Routes materials for required authorizations and monitors receipt by final destination. Communicates with other hospital departments to resolve delays, problems and errors.
* High School diploma or GED required. Associate's degree preferred.
* 1-3 years related work experience required.
* Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
* WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS:Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
* ORAL COMMUNICATIONS:Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
* KNOWLEDGE:Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
* TEAM WORK:Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
* CUSTOMER SERVICE:Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
PHYSICAL NATURE OF THE JOB:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
The Center for Education supports medical education and works with faculty, residents, and medical students. We provide faculty development, education research, simulation training, and support for faculty career development and diversity and inclusion.
BIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATION
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the linked poster:http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf