Administrative Assistant II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/13/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description
Responsible for providing secretarial and administrative support for the Legal Department/Claims Department, supports attorneys, paralegals and team members, maintains departmental files including email and certain electronic databases, maintains schedules appointments and coordinates managerial activities, travel coordination and expense/budget allocation. Serves as the contact person for all vendors and related in terms of contacts made to attorneys and team. Supports legal team with regard to contract management system, file management, correspondence and extensive and communications with other executives, executive administrative assistants and others both at System level and with System Participants at the regional level. Maintain confidentiality, attorney client privilege and attorney work product privilege and adheres to same.
* Perform secretarial duties, including but not limited to answering and screening telephone calls, maintaining appointment calendars, typing business correspondence, reports and other similar duties.
- Prepare letters, legal documents, notices and other documents as needed to support attorneys and other members of team.
- Communicates with Executive leadership both at System and System Participants at the regional level as needed to support attorneys and other members of team.
- Communicates with outside counsel or mediators/court personnel as needed to support attorneys and other members of team.
- Access and have familiarity with Court dockets to obtain public records/documents as needed
- Maintains calendars as needed to support attorneys and other members of team
- Attends weekly, monthly meetings as requested to support attorneys and other members of team including preparation of \\"take away\\" memos following meetings and tracking of work flow and progress on certain projects as requested
- Maintains legal files and records and ensures that privilege and confidentiality is adhered to in accordance Attorney Client and Attorney Work Product Privilege and pursuant to CHRISTUS Integrity and Compliance requirements.
- Maintains a complex travel schedule and assists attorneys and other members of team with same including maintaining budget and expense allocations, as needed.
- Provides support to attorneys and other members of team by screening, handling and redirecting telephone calls, emails and/or messaging.
- Works with accounts payable to insure invoices and statements are submitted timely and coordinates approval through CHRISTUS accounting systems.
- Assists with general scanning and electronic file management as needed to support assists attorneys and other members of team
- Works with outside vendors to coordinate and plan events/meetings for attorneys and other members of team as needed including department events, annual claims reviews, department meetings, outside attorney meetings and vendor meetings as well as scheduling and at times hosting Skype calls.
- Helps create maintain and design and revise presentations, reports and other publications (PowerPoint and Excel) to support attorneys and other members of team.
- Daily mail pick and distribution and support with regard to mail, FedEx, UPS etc.
- Bachelors/Associates Degree Preferred
- Must possess strong analytical skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required in order to educate, inform, develop documents, presentation materials, etc.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, high stress operation with high standards of excellence.
- Must be able to support and perform tasks in a manner consistent with Integrity and Compliance standards.
- Must have practical experience with Word, Outlook, Excel, Adobe, PowerPoint applications.
- Must have ability to make independent decisions that are generally guided by established procedures.
- Must be able to handle and process sensitive, confidential and privileged information.
- Willingness and ability to learn new tasks.
- Minimum of four years prior secretarial experience required.
- At least two years previous in a legal setting required.