Administrative Assistant III
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
Trustees of Dartmouth College
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY ADVERTISEMENT TEXT
Provides administrative and clerical support to the Dean of Faculty Office, increasing office efficiency to expedite and coordinate the work of others.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
* In-depth knowledge of office procedures.
* Strong organizational skills.
* Strong interpersonal skills.
* Attention to detail.
* Ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
* Ability to work with confidential materials.
* Familiarity with computer programs and multi-function devices.
* Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and other computer applications.
* Proactive in learning new technologies.
* Strong commitment to a diverse working environment and to serving the needs of a large and diverse community.
* Two plus years of office experience in a related field, with some autonomy.
* Preferably experience in higher education administrative offices.
* Associate s degree or the equivalent.
* Bachelor s degree preferred.
Not an SEIU Position
Regular Part time w/end date
DEPARTMENT CONTACT FOR COVER LETTER
Nancy Charbono, Assistant to the Dean of Faculty for Arts & Sciences
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other legally protected status. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS
This position is a 24-month term position.
Employment in this position is contingent upon consent to and successful completion of a pre-employment background check, which may include a criminal background check, reference checks, verification of work history, and verification of any required academic credentials, licenses, and/or certifications, with results acceptable to Dartmouth College. A criminal conviction will not automatically disqualify an applicant from employment. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Committee Advisory to the President
* Assists with the preparation, distribution, and retrieval of highly confidential material for the Committee Advisory to the President (CAP): photocopies candidate materials, assembles and disassembles review notebooks, and serves as courier for inter-campus deliveries and retrievals.
* Coordinates and organizes Departmental Reviews on behalf of the Dean of Faculty and Associate Deans, including advising participants on review guidelines and important dates.
* Coordinates electronic department self-study binders, upon the final approval of the Associate Dean.
* Arranges travel accommodations, schedules, and meetings for internal and external participants.
* Responsible for communication, logistics, food and expense management.
* Adheres to the College s record retention and disposition policies, including digitally archiving past reviews.
* Handles highly confidential faculty materials to ensure accuracy and accessibility of information.
* Scans documents to build electronic records.
* Assists with planning of small or large events such as lunches, receptions, and presentations including scouting locations and providing on-site assistance.
* Maintains cognizance of working within a diverse community, enhancing diversity, and acts appropriately regarding diversity in dealing with others.
* Learns aspects of other DOF office positions to provide adequate support during periods of absence or high activity.
Performs other duties as assigned.