Administrative Assistant III \ Office of Development
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB SUMMARY: Provides secretarial and administrative support to a director or other leadership position(s) in a department and requires in-depth knowledge of the department's programs and services. Involves extensive interaction with diverse populations including the public, visitors, patients and families, external customers, medical practitioners and medical center staff.
* Answers and screens telephone calls. Takes accurate messages or directs call to appropriate person. Greets and directs patients/families, visitors and staff. Responds to requests in a timely manner and provides clear and accurate information within scope of knowledge and authority.
* Types correspondence, forms, reports, manuscripts or other materials that may require complex formatting. Prepares documents with stylized formats, lettering or graphics using specialized commercial software, such as desktop publishing or graphics packages. Proofreads and edits materials for grammar, punctuation and spelling.
* Schedules appointments and meetings and maintains personal calendars for manager/director(s). Organizes conference calls and meetings, sometimes with large numbers of participants. Reserves meeting locations and equipment. Prepares meeting agenda and other materials. Prepares travel arrangements as needed.
* Organizes and schedules conferences, seminars or other department sponsored programs or events. Coordinates all necessary arrangements: location, registration forms and fees, agenda, refreshments, materials and equipment.
* Maintains departmental files, records and databases. Enters information from source documents into computer databases and/or spreadsheets, compiling, printing and distributing periodic reports, mailing labels and other information as needed. Maintains department reference library of books, journals and other materials.
* High School diploma or GED required. Associate's degree preferred.
* 3-5 years related work experience required.
* Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
* WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
* ORAL COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
* KNOWLEDGE: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
* TEAM WORK: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
* CUSTOMER SERVICE: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
PHYSICAL NATURE OF THE JOB:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
BIDMC is seeking dynamic professionals to join its growing Development team as we plan for the largest Campaign in BIDMC s history. Under the leadership of CEO Dr. Kevin Tabb and Senior Vice President of Development Kris Laping, BIDMC s fundraising has doubled within the past five years. As one of the nation's preeminent academic medical centers, we are committed to excellence in clinical care, biomedical research and education and have recruited world class leaders, researchers and physicians who are working with Development to raise philanthropy to new levels. We seek creative, entrepreneurial and innovative staff within the office of Development to help us attain our goals. See more at: http://www.bidmc.org/Give-to-BIDMC/Contact.aspx
This position supports a fast paced and high energy office, with emphasis on the areas of gift processing and operations, development finance and administration, prospect research and annual giving. The ideal candidate will be professional, highly organized and efficient, detail-oriented, and have excellent interpersonal and communications skills. Must be a team player and willing to collaborate with others, yet independent enough to drive projects on his/her own.
BIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATION
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the linked poster:http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf