Call Center Supervisor
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 1/24/2017
University of California - Los Angeles Medical Centers
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Title:
Call Center Supervisor
To be determined
$19.97 / $3475
$39.51 / $6875
Layoff Referral Deadline:
Under the direction of the Associate Administrator, the supervisor is responsible for coordinating the registration, referral, and scheduling activities of the Ophthalmology Referral Service (ORS) for the Department. As a working supervisor to 7 administrative assistants, responsibilities include recruitment, training, assignment of work and performance review of staff. As a member of ORS, daily duties include scheduling patient appointments, facilitating patient referrals, providing call center functions for faculty offices, preparing monthly reports, and functioning as a resource to staff in other areas of the Department regarding patient appointment scheduling and registration. Function as a management resource for training of staff in patient appointment scheduling and encounter registration. In addition, monitor staff call time production, call time rates for incoming and outgoing, and call abandonment rates using the Automated Call Disbursement System.
* Effective judgment skills in resolving staff issues such as poor performance or poor attendance.
* Sufficiently detail oriented to monitor and identify performance, attendance, and conflict issues of staff.
* Consistency in promoting a positive work environment for staff.
* Excellent interpersonal skills to promote pleasant and effective communications with patients, staff, and providers.
* Ability to maintain professionalism at all times, particularly when handling challenging patient needs.
* Ability to work independently using effective problem-solving techniques while adhering to Departmental and University practices and policies.
* Working knowledge of medical terminology.
* Ability to prepare basic statistical reports.
The following are preferred:
* Familiarity with Ophthalmology terminology.
* One year of experience scheduling patient appointments in computerized system.
* Experience working in a University-based medical facility/academic teaching environment.
* Working knowledge of CareConnect.
* Working knowledge of University of California personnel policies and procedures.
* Bachelor s degree.
Minimum two years supervisory experience in healthcare setting, including direct personnel management.
Bacehlor's degreen in a healthcare related field