Administrative Assistant III, 40hrs, PM&R Medical Administration
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 11/9/2016
Spaulding HospitalBoston & Cambridge(SRN,SRH,SHC)
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SUMMARY
Provides administrative support and operational coordination of clinical, academic, and research activities to the Department of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation. Responsible for support to administrators, physicians, and researchers in preparation and editing of proposals and contracts within the department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. Processes visa applications for international physicians, visitors, and research fellows ensuring appropriate visas are obtained as required. In addition, provides administrative assistance for the departments semi-annual OPPE and FPPE program, Medical Executive Committee This position also assists with processing Continuing Medical Education (CME) certifications, departmental academic, social (e.g. holiday), and educational event planning and oversight, poster development, production, and printing, moonlighter payments, annual research and resident graduation day events, timekeeping for staff, T passes, and journal editing.
* Coordinates travel arrangements and travel reimbursement for physicians or researchers as directed.
* Provides administrative support for the international activities (visitors and programs) of the department through coordination of correspondence, maintenance of the international visitor/program files and databases, and production of materials for organizational meetings. Arranges schedules and fields inquiries, other interaction with international professional organizations, institutions and individuals, as necessary.
* Organizes all aspects of administrative paperwork related to incoming students and/or researchers, many of which will be international requiring visas, interactions with Partners International Office.
* Assist with formatting and processing of, manuscripts and other scientific publications including bibliographies using EndNote software.
* Assists physicians by preparing and organizing resident/faculty presentations/ conferences.
* Using Adobe InDesign, produces high quality poster setups for outpatient resident/faculty presentations.
* Processes Psychiatric consult requests as directed by the Medical Director of Behavior Mental Health.
* Work harmoniously with other staff.
* Reports are prepared timely and accurately.
* Office equipment is maintained and ready for use.
* Office supplies are ordered and inventory maintained.
* Expense reimbursement requests and purchase orders are processed timely and accurately
* Appointments are scheduled and calendars are maintained accurately and with sensitivity to participants schedules.
* Meetings or events are planned, scheduled and participants notified. Equipment and materials are available as needed
* Presentation materials are prepared creatively, timely and accurately.
* Meetings are attended, and meeting notes are prepared and distributed to attendees.
* Correspondence and written communications are prepared for approval or distribution as instructed.
* Additional department, organization, or network activities are completed per established objectives.
* Works cooperatively or independently on special projects as needed.
PCC Organizational Values of Innovation, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect, and Excellence are upheld.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
* 3-5 years of executive level administrative support
* And/or Secretarial School Program with a minimum of 5-7 years executive level administrative support experience.
SKILLS/ABILITIES/COMPETENCIES REQUIRED: (MUST BE REALISTIC, NEITHER OVERSTATED OR UNDERSTATED, AND RELATED TO THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB).
* Strong typing, transcription skills, dictation a plus
* Basic knowledge of office equipment operations (fax, copier, slide projector, etc.)
* Excellent interpersonal skills, able to effectively interact with upper and middle management professionals
* Strong computer skills: Must be skilled in Windows and Microsoft Office Suite environment. Outlook, user experience with Palm-type devices is a definite plus.
* Maturity to take initiative, prioritize tasks, and work independently without direct supervision
* Strong analytical, observational and assessment skills
* Strong verbal and written communications skills
Attention to detail, Commitment to task, Communication, Coping, Flexibility, Influence & Persuasion, Initiative, Innovation, Leadership, Planning, Prioritizing, Policies, Process, Procedures, Quality, Systematic Problem-solving, Teamwork, Tolerance of Ambiguity
SRN is committed to diversity in the workplace which begins with respect and opportunity for all. SRN takes affirmative action to ensure that equal employment opportunity is provided to all persons regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age, ancestry, veteran status, disability or any other basis that would be inconsistent with any applicable ordinance or law.