Administrative Assistant- IT
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 12/3/2016
Brown Brothers Harriman
The Administrative Assistant- IT is responsible for providing a broad range of administrative and security coordinator support to his or her assigned groups/location within the IT Systems organization. The individual must be a team player who is proactive and flexible in assisting the groups with the various administrative needs and any problem solving that occur on a day-to-day basis. Individual must be comfortable with learning and adopting new technology. The position also provides back-up for other Administrative assistants and Systems staff as necessary.
Administrative Support (Management)
* Coordinate and organize meetings, conferences and events Schedule resources such as people, meetings and appointments, rooms, equipment, or other resources (i.e. transportation).
* Maintain multiple calendars.
* May assist with event planning
* Answer telephone calls, take messages, respond to questions, and direct callers to appropriate parties, as necessary.
* Plan and coordinate domestic and international travel
* Plan and coordinate travel for participants/attendees of assigned projects/initiatives
* Prepares and monitors invoices and expense reports
* Sort and distribute mail, fax, make copies, file.
* Gather and arrange materials and relevant information for supervisor or assigned project (e.g. reports, charts).
* Assemble client presentation materials.
* Maintain, update or create databases and/or database information (e.g. files, records, etc., including time sheets, attendance records and vacation schedules.
* Draft, update, proofread correspondence, reports, agendas, newsletters and memoranda, prepare and distribute minutes of meetings.
* Research and prepare high quality presentations, reports, spreadsheet and other documents.
* Communicate policies and guidelines from senior management to either internal or external parties, as necessary.
* Perform duties that require use of PC applications (e.g. PowerPoint, Word, MS Access, Visio, Excel and other graphic applications).
* Work with confidential information in a professional and discrete manner.
* Provides administrative support on projects and initiatives as needed
1. Administrative Support (Departmental/location)
* Answers, directs, problem solves and resolves Systems employees requests and inquiries
Assists with the coordination of and onboarding new hires
Coordinates phone, equipment and technology requests
Order and maintains departmental/location supplies
Assists in building or floor moves
* Provides assistance/support on projects as assigned
* Assists and supports Systems sponsored employee events locally
5. Security Coordinator
* Receive and review and submit incoming systems access requests.
* Respond to and direct employee inquiries to appropriate support groups and or systems.
* Coordinate with the Information Security department to ensure access to programs and applications are processed, verified and completed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
EDUCATION LEVEL AND/OR RELEVANT EXPERIENCE(S)
* BS\BA degree preferred
* High School Diploma or equivalent.
* 2 to 4 year(s) experience in an administrative/secretarial role.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS (general and technical)
* Detailed oriented.
* Professional demeanor.
* Possess a strong client service and problem solving orientation
* Very strong verbal and written communications skills
* Strong proficiency of Microsoft Office Suite including, Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio.
* Familiarity with the operation of standard office equipment, ability to learn and adopt new technology and applications.
* Ability to discretely handle sensitive and confidential material.
* Ability to prioritize multiple tasks effectively.
* Hours are 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other protected status under federal, state or local law.