Administrative Assistant 8/30/2016
Dole Food Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Tracking Code
GENERAL DESCRIPTION / PRIMARY PURPOSE
Responsible for initiating and completing tasks related with orders for both banana and pineapple sales in North America. Is the primary point of contact between Sales and the customer to ensure high service level and customer satisfaction.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS/DUTIES OF THE POSITION
* Perform daily sales duties to include receiving, booking, approving and shipping purchase orders, and invoicing in JDE OneWorld, iTrade, EDI and WalMart operating systems.
* Field calls from internal and external customers and direct calls as determined necessary to ensure high service level for customers
* Coordinate with Dole carriers for both banana and pineapple orders to ensure the customer receives the fruit as requested; manage relationship with trucking companies.
* Maintain relationships with Ports to confirm vessel schedules, delivery dates and fruit availability.
* Replenish and reconcile inventory for third party ripening customers.
* Enter quality complaints; record quality customer complaints in JDE One World system.
* Maintain and ensure accuracy of preorders for the division.
* Maintain effective filing systems for contracts, quality complaints, MACK reports, cargo sheets, and credits in compliance with Company record retention program.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
* Proficiency in sales systems
* Analytical Skills
* Strong organizational and multitasking skills
* Ethical behavior and confidentiality
* Teamwork oriented
* French speaking is a plus
* Entry-level position with limited prior training. Acquires basic skills to perform routine tasks. Work is prescribed and completed with little autonomy. Works with either close supervision or under clearly defined procedures.
* Develops skills to perform basic activities in own job
* Understands how the assigned duties integrate with others in the team
* Has no supervisory responsibilities
* Uses existing procedures to solve straightforward problems; has limited opportunity to exercise discretion
* Impacts the accuracy of own work; receives close supervision; duties are clearly defined, and methods and tasks are described in detail
* Uses communication skills and common courtesy
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL RELATIONS
Internal: Accounting, Quality, Ports, Transportation, Warehousing and Technical Services departments
External: Retail and wholesale customers
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
* High school diploma or equivalent required
* 3+ years administrative experience in an office environment required
Ability to sit and use a computer for extended periods of time; ability to answer phones, and utilize a variety of office equipment. Ability to lift a minimum of 25 lbs. and reach overhead.
WORK HOUR REQUIREMENT
* Standard office hours apply with occasional overtime as required.
Kannapolis, North Carolina, United States
DOLE is committed to the policy of providing equal employment opportunities for training, compensation, transfer, promotion, and other aspects of employment for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status.