This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description:
Under minimal supervision, the Administrative Assistant will support our software division and the VP of Global Technology by performing a wide range of administrative support activities. This is a fast-paced department with over 100 employees, and the person in this role will operate as a liaison within the department and between our Software team and our Innovation and Development teams (and other collaborating teams).
* Provides complex administrative expertise that are particular to position or department that are routine and non-routine in nature.
* Establishes, implements, and maintains procedures and systems for processing work, cyclical tasks and projects, communicating schedules, keeping records, board meetings, special council meetings, agendas, etc.
* Assists in producing departmental budget and related planning documents.
* Coordinates travel, workshops and meetings, and reviews meeting expenses for payment.
* Performs orders, maintains office supplies, and arranges for equipment maintenance.
* Composes correspondence, establishes formats, and edits work for content.
* Performs file searches as requested, or in conjunction with other assigned duties, and maintains appropriate controls over materials taken out of the filing system.
* Identifies process improvements where necessary and assists in planning and implementing new procedures and programs.
* Develops or participates in preparation and completion of special projects, particularly presentations.
* Establishes, revises, and maintains office filing systems that require the filer to employ knowledge of department operations, discretion in determining the proper place for filing documents, and to have an effective retrieval system.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Performs general reception duties on occasion by receiving incoming calls and visitors to the department or area.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
* High school diploma or GED.
* Some college course work preferred.
Minimum 3 years experience.
* Knowledge and use of relevant PC software applications and skills to use them effectively.
* Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
* Requires good knowledge of math principles, English, and spelling.
* Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills and behaviors conducive to a service/team-oriented environment (e.g., diplomacy, tact, flexibility, positive approach).
* Ability to plan and meet deadlines, prioritizes, and handles several projects simultaneously.
* Planning skills to be self-directing and to work with a minimum of supervision.
* Demonstrated effective problem solving capability with creativity in providing solutions to new issues to exploring alternatives.
* Knowledge and ability to organize meetings, travel schedules, and other arrangements.
* Skilled in taking and transcribing dictation involving technical and complex vocabulary.
* Ability to work effectively in an environment that includes constant interruptions.
* Ability to handle high volume, potentially confidential and complex administrative work.
* Good working knowledge of company policies and procedures.
An equivalent competency level acquired through a variation of these qualifications may be considered.
Typical Office Environment requirements include: reading, speaking, hearing, close vision, walking, bending, sitting, and occasional lifting up to 20 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
ADDITIONAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Ability to handle repetitive motion work such as keyboard, sorting, and filing.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, military status or an unfavorable discharge from military service.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks. As of January 1, 2017 the Terumo BCT Lakewood, Colorado location will be a tobacco-free workplace. For more information about Terumo BCT, visit our website www.terumobct.com/careers.
JOIN TERUMO BCT AS WE UNLOCK THE POTENTIAL OF BLOOD. We are the world leader in blood component technology, delivering products, services and solutions for customers and their patients worldwide. Through collaboration with our customers and a commitment to innovation, we are the only company with the unique combination of apheresis, manual and automated whole blood processing and pathogen reduction technologies coupled with robust technology, innovation and core competencies in therapeutic apheresis, cell collections and cell processing.
As the largest medical device manufacturing company headquartered in Colorado, we are home to more than 2,300 associates and our products are in use in more than 125 countries and territories. Our Global footprint includes more than 5,500 associates and partners with regional headquarters in Brussels, Buenos Aires, Hong Kong and Tokyo.
Our company has almost $1B in annual revenues and has been voted and recognized as:
* Largest corporate sponsor in Rocky Mountain Region for Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (LLS)
* Winner of the Association for Talent Development (ATD) BEST Award for providing exceptional employee learning and talent development (2011 & 2012)
* One of Colorado s Healthiest Employers by Denver Business Journal (2014 & 2015)
* Recipient of the Way to Go Employer award through the Denver Regional Council of Governments (DRCOG) 2015
Our award-winning culture embraces:
* Leading technology through innovation and R&D
* Wellness programs
* Commitment to quality
* An environment that values, respects and rewards your individual contributions
* A philosophy of intentional growth and responsiveness to world health issues
Click Here to see what our associates have to say about our culture.
Each associate has a positive impact on our future by:
* Connecting to the lives of the patients we ultimately serve
* Growing through professional and leadership development activities
* Sharing company success through incentive plans
IF YOU ARE THE BEST AT WHAT YOU DO AND WANT TO DO WORK THAT IS CHANGING THE DELIVERY OF HEALTHCARE GLOBALLY, WE INVITE YOU TO WORK WITH US NOW TO SEE HOW WE CAN UNLOCK YOUR POTENTIAL.
High School Diploma or GED
Years of Experience
Minimum 3 years experience
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, military status or an unfavorable discharge from military service. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks. For more information about Terumo BCT, visit our website www.terumobct.com. To view the 'EEO is the Law' Federal poster prohibiting job discrimination please click the link.