Administrative Assistant - Leasing
Boston Properties - Washington, D.C.This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
- Boston Properties Boston Properties
- Washington, D.C.
- Job Type
- Job Classification
- Full Time
- Mid-Career (2 - 15 years)
- Bachelors Degree
- Company Ref #
- not providednot provided
- AJE Ref #
- [+] More
Administrative Assistant - Leasing
Boston Properties, Inc. (NYSE: BXP) develops, acquires, manages, operates and owns Class A office properties with locations in Boston, Washington DC, Midtown Manhattan, San Francisco and New Jersey.
We are seeking a dynamic Administrative Assistant to provide support to the Leasing Department in our Washington, DC region.
• Standard administrative support functions:
• Compose, edit and type letters, memorandums, faxes and transmittals
• Compile, organize, and accurately finalize documents for signature or other distribution
• Organize and maintain files, letterbooks, file plans and project directories
• Organize and maintain card, rolodex, or address book files
• Screen, handle, forward and place telephone calls for staff
• Schedule appointments and maintain calendars
• Schedule conference rooms for meetings
• Arrange for meals for meetings
• Arrange staff travel including air, hotel, car rental and meeting attendance, if required
• Organize and submit expense reports and time sheets
• Sort, open, deliver or process incoming mail, packages or internal correspondence
• Arrange for courier or overnight services
• Operate office equipment such as facsimile machines, photocopiers, telephones with voice mail capabilities, blue-print copier, color copier
• Submit requests for supplies
• Prepare presentations and proposals for government agencies or companies interested in custom build to suit, long term leasing of buildings, or leasing current space in the areas of Washington, Maryland or Virginia; obtain documents, site plans, maps and other items to be included in proposals.
• Design and prepare presentation covers for proposals or other documents.
• Create and maintain inventory of DC region photographs, transparencies, 35mm slides, and slide presentations.
• Maintain industry/broker contact list.
• Special projects or assignments as requested by departmental staff.
Requirements and Qualifications:
• High school diploma or equivalent educational certification required. Associates or Bachelors Degree preferred.
• A minimum of 3-5 years of prior progressively responsible administrative support experience required. Real estate experience preferred.
• Ability to produce quality work in a consistent manner.
• Ability to produce the quantity of work necessary to timely complete assigned tasks.
• Ability to interact with co-workers, contractors, tenants or vendors in an articulate, pleasant, courteous and business-like manner at all times.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
• Adaptability to changing demands.
• Attention to detail.
• Effective problem solving skills.
• Flexibility to work beyond the regular work schedule.
• Strong communication, organization and multi-task management skills.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Familiarity with graphics applications preferred.
Competitive base salary plus bonus and excellent benefits package.
To apply, submit cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference “Administrative Assistant - Leasing” in the subject line of the email.
No agencies please.
Boston Properties is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401K / Retirement Plan
- Sick Leave