Administrative Assistant, Logistics & Distribution
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Job Duties, Responsibilities and Requirements
Deckers Brands seeks an Administrative Assistant for the Global Logistics and Distribution (GLD) department, whose role will be to provide administrative support primarily for the VP, Global Logistics and Distribution, but also general support for his/her direct report team as needed.
The Administrative Assistant provides administrative support for the Vice President and his/her teams. Plans and manages the key events occurring within the GLD teams, such as staff meetings, external events, and internal meetings. Ensures the VP remains focused on the priorities of his/her position by proactively completing all administrative work and managing his/her schedule to enable him/her to efficiently address requirements of the role. This position must understand the business and the responsibilities of the VP and is responsible for time sensitive and confidential matters and materials; must be able to independently prepare accurate, meaningful presentations, spreadsheets, documents, and other analytical reports as needed.
Administrative Support responsibilities:
* Owns VP's calendar coordination and related management, including rescheduling conflicts and scheduling conference rooms, etc.
* Help maintain a to-do list for the VP and Direct Reports. Understand periodic department priorities.
* Meeting planning, developing agendas and drafting presentations, including soliciting attendees and suggesting topics.
* Taking meeting minutes, archiving the minutes, and tracking action items from each meeting.
* Prepare periodic analytic reports or interpret financial/operational information to provide key salient points that require action - including providing budgetary support and management.
* Management of communications and project activities with other departments (IT, IA, HR, FPA, etc.) through status reporting to ensure progress to deadlines are made.
* Develops emails, presentations, newsletters and other communications.
* Files, photocopies, scans, faxes, and distributes correspondence, reports, etc.
* Ensures best in class organization of files and work for ease of future reference.
Travel and Expense Coordinator responsibilities:
* Coordinates travel reservations for department as necessary.
* Coordinate meeting itineraries / agendas for travel.
* Complete related expense report and review / approve expense reports for departmental staff.
* Acts as Department Procurement Representative (DPR).
* Provides GL coding for invoices and routes for approval signatures.
Other Department responsibilities:
* Represents Deckers in a positive manner and owns department activities that promote a positive work environment, positive morale and cultural awareness for the GLD team, including event coordinator.
* Owns drafting and distribution of GLD team newsletters and announcements, including the maintenance of mailing lists.
* Periodic Meal coordination - mostly lunches or dinners for meetings
* Department office maintenance / management - supplies, printers, faxes, paper, toner, etc.
* Improves office efficiency by implementing productivity measures and organizational tools for executive and team.
* Retain solid working knowledge of the company's organization, policies, procedures, practices and personnel and ensure compliance where applicable (e.g. document retention policy, etc.)
* Communicate, coordinate, collaborate and facilitate effective partnerships with other departments within the company as well as with other companies (e.g. external partners, other vendors) in establishing and carrying out responsibilities and visit scheduling.
* Assists Executives direct reports with various administrative responsibilities.
* Assists in Department's Continuing Professional Education support.
* Other general administration, related requests and project management (e.g. internship program implementation) as needed.
Education & Experience
* Bachelor's degree required.
* 4+ years' experience supporting senior-level executive. Supporting finance function preferred.
* Certified Administration Professional or equivalent (or other relevant Certifications) preferred.
* Highly Proficient in Microsoft Office, advanced skills in Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
* Tech-friendly - embraces using new and existing technologies ( BI, Oracle, etc.).
* Understanding of Accounting/Finance and/or Operations, including experience managing budgets.
* Understanding of office lean concepts, 5S, Oz Principles or similar is preferred.
* Excellent problem solving and analytical abilities
* Excellent verbal and written business communication skills
* Able to handle confidential information with a high level of professionalism and discretion.
* Experience working effectively in complex organizations, satisfying the needs of diverse constituents, and often working under the pressure of competing priorities.
* Highly motivated, a team player and motivated self-starter. Sense of urgency.
* Drive for excellence, motivated self-starter.
* Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
* Exceptional attention to detail.
* Strong organizational skills.
* Availability during various work flow peaks and international travel by the VP.
* Availability to travel periodically to other Deckers locations (e.g., Moreno Valley, Goleta).