Administrative Assistant 2/3 8/12/2016
Menlo Park, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY EXPONENT is a leading engineering and scientific consulting firm. Our multidisciplinary team of scientists, engineers, physicians, and regulatory consultants brings together more than 90 different disciplines to solve complicated problems facing corporations, insurers, government entities, associations and individuals. Our approximately 900 staff members work in 26 offices across the United States and abroad. Exponent has over 700 consultants, including more than 425 that have earned a doctorate in their chosen field of specialization.
We are seeking an ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT 2/3 in our Menlo Park office. The individual in this position will be responsible for performing a wide variety of diverse, non-routine administrative tasks in support of the engineers in our Buildings and Structures Practice. The successful candidate will provide administrative support, which will include communicating with clients, identifying action items for management's consideration, handling correspondence, and ensuring the smooth flow of administrative processes.
Key responsibilities include:
* Editing and proofreading various documents including complex technical reports and retention letters
* Maintaining calendars, meeting schedules and travel arrangements for staff
* Preparing and maintaining project files and quality assurance documentation
* Working with project managers for invoice approvals and distribution
* Exposure to sensitive information will necessitate considerable use of tact, diplomacy, discretion, and judgment
Qualifications for this position are:
* Excellent communication, composition, editing and proofreading skills
* B.A. degree and a minimum of five years experience providing administrative support to a team and at least one Senior-level manager
* Must be especially proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint 2010
* Attention to detail and the ability to manage several projects simultaneously
* Ability to work under critical time deadlines, re-evaluate priorities, and interact with all levels of personnel
* Must be enthusiastic, flexible and a team player
We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity, Veterans and Disabled Employer.