Administrative Assistant Navy DOD Clearable
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Administrative Assistant - Navy (DOD Clearable)Job ID:
Administrative Assistant - Navy (DOD Clearable) REQ ID:
Philadelphia, PA Job Description:
Harris Corp., is seeking an Administrative Assistant to support our Navy program in Philadelphia, PA at the Naval Base location. This position may transition to direct government hire after 6+ months. Candidate will be responsible for providing engineering project support to review and update ILS documentation including drawings, technical manuals, and engineering change proposals. The task also includes engineering and logistics administrative support to review and update presentations, white papers, engineering technical data, drawings, and manuals and to manage records, submit requisitions, schedule events, prepare travel arrangements, track, monitor, and compile funding data and prepare financial documents. Support will include:* Use computers for various applications, such as database management or word processing.
* Answer telephones and give information to callers, take messages, or transfer calls to appropriate individuals.
* Create, maintain, and enter information into databases.
* Set up and manage paper or electronic filing systems, recording information, updating paperwork, or maintaining documents, such as attendance records, correspondence, or other material.
* Operate office equipment, such as fax machines, copiers, or phone systems and arrange for repairs when equipment malfunctions.
* Provide customer support and personal services to Senior Leadership, Technical Experts, and Contracting Officer Representatives Qualifications:
Minimum requirements are a High School diploma and 2+ years of related administrative support experience. An AS or Bachelor's degree is a strong plus. Background should include the following:* Must have 2+ years of experience with standard office computer programs such as e-Mail systems and Microsoft Suite:
Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Adobe.
* Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, stenography and transcription, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
* Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction. Additional Preferred Qualifications:* Communicating effectively in writing and in oral communication
* Ability to work well within a team environment and interact with all levels of staff This position requires the candidate to be able to obtain a Secret security clearance. In order to obtain a clearance you need to be a US Citizen and show proof of citizenship. Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.Job Profile Matching Criteria:Expertise Administrative/Clerical Education High School (or equivalent work experience) Job Type Full Time Location USA - PA - Philadelphia .