- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Administrative Assistant-Radiology -26111
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Administrative Assistant (26111)
* High School diploma or equivalent plus two years additional training or related experience. One year of secretarial training may substitute for experience.
* Able to type at least 35 wpm preferred.
Performs a wide range of skilled secretarial duties and coordinates a variety of office procedures in support of the supervisory and management staff of the Radiology department. Responsible for administrative level secretarial duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Coordinates activities involved in the preparation of unit correspondence to facilitate on-going communications and efficient department operations.
Composes and types unit correspondence such as letters, memos, policies, reports, etc., from either department head notes, drafts, or dictation in an accurate, neat and timely manner.
Proofreads all typed correspondence, revising and changing as necessary to ensure accuracy, prior to submittal or distribution.
Accurately records and transcribes minutes of unit meetings or other regular meetings, taking dictation or transcribing from tapes as necessary. Maintains and/or distributes minutes within established timeframes.
Screens and refers all in-coming telephone calls and unit visitors to ensure that accurate and timely communications is facilitated and that the unit is presented in a positive manner.
Answers telephone within three rings in a courteous manner, identifying self and unit at all times.
Continually assists caller or unit visitor in anyway possible, routing to appropriate personnel within the unit or Hospital within five minutes of receiving the call.
Maintains complete and accurate telephone or visitor messages for unit personnel, assuring accurate routing of messages in accordance with unit timeframes.
Maintains appropriate unit records and establishes unit-filling systems to ensure the expeditious retrieval so that Director and/or staff can accomplish their responsibilities.
Files all correspondence, policies, reports, forms, etc. in appropriate location in an orderly fashion within specified unit timeframes.
Coordinates the duplication and collation of materials on a regular basis, filing masters or copies as appropriate.
Routes incoming mail to appropriate person as soon as possible after receipt of mail. Coordinates all outgoing mail.
Maintains responsibility for general secretarial support functions for supervisory support staff and faculty to ensure efficient departmental operations.
Schedules meetings, interviews and maintains appointment calendars, documenting accurate times and contacting appropriate individuals.
Designs and develops special projects under direct supervision of director. Includes design and development of manuals and administrative documents.
Works with various personal computer applications (i.e., spreadsheets, databases, communications software, desktop publishing software and work processing software) to support Radiology Administration and Radiology Management.
PERFORMANCE STANDARD: Adheres to the established Performance Expectations for WVUH Employees in the areas of People, Service, Performance Improvement, and Shared Values & Culture.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
* Sit for extended periods.
* Frequently required to use a keyboard.
* Stand and walk for extended periods.
* Lift, push and pull up to 10 pounds of weight.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Office and clinical setting
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Previous experience with payroll preferred
* Basic computer knowledge and ability to operate standard office software preferred
* Knowledge of Radiology medical terminology preferred
* Prior experience with of Microsoft Office Suite software applications, including, but not limited to, Word, Excel, Access, Power Point and Outlook is preferred
* Good verbal and writing skills preferred
* Basic mathematical skills preferred
* Ability to interact with patients, families and members of the Health Care team.
* Ability to prioritize and deal with a variety of situations at any given time.
* Knowledge of Radiology operations is preferred.