This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 11/17/2016
Sioux Falls, SD
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
Smithfield Foods of Sioux Falls, SD is seeking an Administrative Assistant to support our Quality Assurance division.
This is a full-time position; all applicants should be willing to work 40-50 hours per work week with an occasional Saturday.
Benefits: This is a salaried, full-time position eligible for the Salaried Benefit Plan including but not limited to: medical, dental, vision and life insurance, 401K savings plan, pension plan, paid vacation and holidays, employee assistance program, health and wellness programs
Smithfield is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.
Smithfield Foods participates in the E-Verify program.
* Handle sensitive and confidential documents including Animal Welfare and Humane Handling information.
* Track and update HACCP, SQF, and departmental information and policies.
* Prepare, update and distribute daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly divisional reports and communications using Excel, Word, and SAP and checking data for accuracy and reliability. This process may include the collection, recording and displaying of data in various formats such as charts and graphs.
* Provide administrative support to the division.
* Support division and site safety, quality, productivity, environmental and cost reduction goals.
* Assist department managers with projects as needed.
* Order supplies for the division.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Associate s Degree (preferably in Business or related field of study) and 2-3 years of administrative support experience and/or training are required for this position. Food or manufacturing industry experience ideal.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Proficiency in all aspects of Microsoft Office, especially; Excel, Word, Outlook, Publisher and PowerPoint. SAP software experience a plus.
* Ability to multi-task, prioritize daily work assignments, meet deadlines and manage time wisely with minimal supervision.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Strong mathematical and organizational skills and attention to detail.