Administrative Assistant Small Business and Education Outreach
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 10/30/2016
Port of Houston Authority
JOB DESCRIPTIONAre you READY? We are.
Why settle for ordinary when you can be part of something extraordinary? At Port of Houston Authority, we make sure our people have the best advantages in the business and that includes making sure they are READY to work for a world class port and facility. And by READY, we mean: Respect, Excellence, Accountability, Diligence, and 'You'.
Get in on the action at Port of Houston Authority where You can be part of a great team; where You can help create an environment of excellence; where You can be part of a tradition, over 100 years in the making.
Missing out on this could mean missing the chance at an extraordinary career. Are you READY?
Administrative Assistant, Small Business & Education Outreach
We are looking for the right candidate to coordinate and prepare of all daily duties of the Small Business department. In this key role, you will provide administrative support for Director and establish and maintain professional relationships with all levels of PHA staff as well as vendors, consultants, and government officials.
Essential Job Functions:
- Oversee the timely completion of all departmental assignments and tasks.
- Provide administrative support for Director, including: receiving, screening, and handling incoming calls, mail, publications, or other correspondence; managing and prioritizing calendar; coordinating and preparing complex travel arrangements; meeting management; preparing and processing expense reports; and handling sensitive and confidential information.
- Coordinate all aspects of internal and external meetings, including the following; presentations, preparing agendas, securing and confirming venue, and confirming attendees.
- Compile and assemble reports, presentations, and other memoranda that require in depth knowledge of company and department practices, procedures, and policies.
- Provide key support on departmental planning where appropriate; working with various departments to effectively plan, organize, and drive projects to completion; prioritizing and coordinating information for senior management review; and tactfully handling inquiries and/or directing routine matters to appropriate parties for action and follow-up to ensure proper disposition
- Communicate with Executive, Administrative and Line Management to gather or convey information pertaining to the department; work with various departments to effectively plan, organize, and drive projects to completion.
- Provide key support on budget planning.
- Maintain supply inventory for suite and request repair service for office equipment service when needed.
- Other duties as may be assigned by the Director.
The ideal candidate must possess, at minimum, a High School Diploma/GED equivalent, along with a minimum of five (5+) years' experience in a business environment and/or similar role.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must have experience with PC and software such as Windows XP and Microsoft Office.
- Work requires excellent written and verbal communication skills to edit and proofread business correspondence and reports.
- Must be able to work with frequent moderate pressure, meeting deadlines with constant interruptions.
- Must be able to coordinate several administrative functions into a coherent unity.
- Must possess a high degree of precision in administrative tasks with strict attention to detail.
In return for your hardwork and dedication, we will provide you a career with great pay and benefits, training, advancement potential and a whole lot more, including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance immediately
- Life insurance
- Career paths
- Defined contribution retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Sick time
When you take the first step with the Port of Houston Authority, you've taken the first step in the right direction in your new career path. Great pay, benefits, and a long tradition are just the beginning. Get READY!