Administrative Assistant - Tampa, FL
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONBioScrip, Inc. is one of the nation's leading specialty home infusion companies! Our focus is clinical excellence and improving the quality of our patients' lives. With over 2,500 employees able to service 46 states, BioScrip has externally-qualified Centers of Excellence built around specific clinical conditions and therapies, as well as Ambulatory Infusion Centers around the country. Ours is a fast-paced dynamic work environment with room for new ideas and opportunities for career advancement. We offer a wide array of welfare benefits as well as Tuition Reimbursement, an Employee Referral Program, and a 401(k) plan with a Company match.
Due to our exceptional growth and success, we are recruiting for an Administrative Assistant to join our team.
Provides administrative support by maintaining a close and highly responsive relationship to the daily and ongoing needs to the office staff.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily, with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Answers telephone courteously, directs all calls appropriately and takes accurate messages.
* Updates and distributes extension and department lists as needed.
* Receives Company guests, ascertains needs and directs as appropriate.
* Photocopies, faxes, routes or emails information as needed and requested.
* Types and processes memos/letters as requested.
* Sorts, distributes, and processes incoming/outgoing mail.
* Maintains accurate and current records and organizes filing/archive system to facilitate the expeditious retrieval of information.
* Assembles/maintains blank new patient packs.
* Cost effectively manages the office supply purchasing process.
* Manages the facilities of the building including but not limited to office equipment and outside maintenance vendors.
* Support activities of operations management by arranging meetings and conferences, scheduling interviews and appointments and performing other duties related to maintaining management schedules.
* Each employee is responsible for adhering to those performance programs, policies, procedures, guidelines and internal control standards established to guide the operation of the Company. Each employee must be made aware of and understand proper internal control procedures associated with their specific job function as communicated by his/her manager.
* Each employee is responsible for reporting concerns that he or she may have with respect to deficiencies in internal control.
* Performs other duties as required.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
High school diploma or equivalent required. One to two (1-2) years related experience preferred. Excellent interpersonal, verbal & written communication skills and organizational skills required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required, with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Ability to perform various administrative duties.
* Knowledge of office routines.
* Understanding of the organizations, programs and procedures.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with branch departments and department team members.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality.
* Ability to promote a compassionate, caring, customer service oriented culture by operating in a professional and collaborative fashion.
* Knowledge of computerized information systems.
* Plans and organizes work effectively.
* Prioritizes responsibilities and workloads.
* Displays a neat, clean, professional appearance or demeanor at all times.
* Proficient in MS Office.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret information appropriate to duties and responsibilities assigned. Ability to operate information systems, follow policy and complete required forms. Ability to respond to questions from referral sources, patients, employees, payors and the general public.
BioScrip is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to age, color, race, ancestry, national origin, disability, genetic information, military status, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, childbirth, marital status, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, legally protected medical condition, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Background checks and drug screens are part of our hiring process. Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.