This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 2/1/2017
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONDEPARTMENT DESCRIPTION: null
JOB LOCATION: Boston, MA
REQ ID: 17969BR
JOB SUMMARY: Provides a wide variety of secretarial and administrative responsibilities in support of directors or other leadership positions of a division or department. Performs various administrative functions to support operations, resolve problems and answer detailed questions, requiring in-depth knowledge of departmental programs, operations and services and hospital policies and procedures. Involves extensive interaction with diverse populations including the public and visitors, patients and families, medical practitioners and medical center staff.
* Answers telephones, schedules appointments and maintains calendars, organizes conference calls, makes travel arrangements as needed and prepares for meetings with large numbers of participants.
* Provides support to committees by planning, scheduling and organizing meetings and location, preparing the agenda and related materials, taking and distributing minutes.
* Assists in planning and coordinating programs, seminars and events for the department or division. Orders supplies and services and performs other related duties as assigned.
* Maintains department's or division's files and databases. Compiles periodic and ad hoc reports using data and information from multiple sources . Prepares complex documents and reports with graphics, detailed charts, graphs and stylized formatting for presentations.
* Composes and edits correspondence, reports and documents for final approval. Types and edits manuscripts and/or other documents which may include scientific, technical or specialized terminology and specialized formatting.
* High School diploma or GED required. Associate's degree preferred.
* 3-5 years related work experience required.
* Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
* WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
* ORAL COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
* KNOWLEDGE: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
* TEAM WORK: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
* CUSTOMER SERVICE: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
PHYSICAL NATURE OF THE JOB:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally