This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/28/2016
Mattel/Global Brands Team
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
The Administrative Assistant will provide strong administrative support for the global team, specifically legal, financial and calendar needs. The Assistant will be a pivotal member of this close-knit team providing support to help team function more efficiently while allowing the team to focus on non-administrative priorities.
* Handle financial administration and royalty/payment tracking. This includes new vendor set up, completion of service agreements, submitting invoices, archive/tracking payments, collecting and distributing royalty reports, monitoring contractual requirements in Excel, and follow up on all payment deadlines.
* Organize and maintain contracts, including updating status spreadsheet for legal team, sending out weekly alerts/updates, keeping contracts on tight turnaround and track key information for easy reference by team members.
* Complete administrative tasks for Day Out With Thomas including analyzing and reporting monthly ticket sales, tracking payments from railroads, assist with development of marketing kit, assist with Ticketweb relationship, sending out invoices, and handling consumer requests/complaints.
* Manage event calendar and internal and external event distribution. This includes combining many individual event calendars into one primary calendar and updating the calendar with key dates as necessary.
* Track and provide a basic analysis of event and marketing execution including collating event recaps, outlining in Excel, and preparing recap for Senior Management.
* Provide some Merchandising support including archiving product samples, assisting with creative briefs, and tracking merchandising terms, payments, etc.
Experience, Education & Skills
* Accountability to take personal ownership for delivering and exceeding commitments. You hold yourself, team and partners to the highest standard for performance necessary for the achievement of results. You embody and foster a play to win and win to grow mindset, even on the toughest projects.
* Analytical and Strategic abilities and are capable of synthesizing and prioritizing a large volume of information. You can think critically to make clear, well-reasoned and rational decisions. You see ahead clearly and have an outward focus and can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately.
* Communication skills to promote a free flow of information and communication throughout the organization. You convey confidence, ease and enthusiasm when communicating with a variety of audiences, job levels and stakeholders. Your communication style creates a feeling of energy, excitement and personal investment amongst team members and people outside of the organization.
* Speed to pursue business objectives with a passion and sense of urgency that is inspiring both inside Mattel, and to our partners and customers. You recognize barriers to speed and work tirelessly to make Mattel a more nimble business and organization.
* 5+ Years Administrative Experience supporting a team in a fast-paced environment.
* Bachelor s Degree in a related field or Associates Degree with 7-10 years Administrative Experience.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Powerpoint, Excel) and ability to conduct internet research.
* Highly organized with excellent follow-through and good sense of urgency.
* Team player who can also work independently.
Fisher-Price, Inc. is a subsidiary of Mattel, Inc. (NASDAQ:MAT) with offices located in East Aurora, N.Y. and New York, N.Y. Fisher-Price is one of the most trusted brands in babygear, infant and preschool toys, and conducts business in 150 countries around the world, producing toys in more than 40 languages. Child development expertise coupled with innovation is reflected in the company s best-known brands including Laugh & Learn , Little People , Power Wheels , and Imaginext . We re also a leading developer of character-based toys for children s programming such as Thomas & Friends , Dora and Friends: Into the City!, and Jake and the Never Land Pirates. For more information, visit www.fisher-price.com (U.S.) and www.fisher-price.ca (Canada) or connect with Fisher-Price on Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer