Administrative Care Coordinator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/6/2016
END DATE 11/6/2016
Cherokee Nation Healthcare Services
St. Augustine, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Individual Medical Readiness (IMR) and Fully Medically Ready (FMR) are the basic principles of force sustainment for National Guard forces. Medical and Dental health is vital for force health protection, and failure to achieve a standard of level of medical and dental health could preclude a Soldier from deploying. Medical and Dental Readiness is a command responsibility.
We are seeking Administrative Care Coordinators to provide administrative office support to the case management team in the Mississippi Army National Guard.
• Tracking medical status of all assigned Soldiers as delegated by the case manager, including tracking scheduled appointments; documenting communication efforts with the Soldier, their unit, and the appropriate military provider; and collecting medical information for review by the case manager or provider.
• If assigned e-cases, manage a workload of up to 150 cases per individual contractor.
• Scrub electronic data system modules before medical/dental events to assist in early identification of non-deployable Soldiers.
• Administrative charting in eCase - Employee will ensure all administrative charting in eCase is completed and e-case reviews are conducted quarterly to ensure that every Soldier with an open e-case is being tracked, managed, and communicated with at a minimum of every 45 days.
• Enter/schedule requested profile exams/evaluations and audiology exams at physical exam center.
• Assist Soldiers in scheduling appointments with appropriate medical facilities.
• Communicate with delegated government personnel to track compliance versus noncompliance.
• Monitor MEDPROS to ensure all scheduled services are completed/updated and current medical status is reflected.
• Alert the case manager(s) of automated referrals indicated in MEDCHART/eCase.
• Provide case processing, medical documentation, and profile concerns to the case manager for review, and submit to the appropriate military provider.
• Attend PHA events as determined by the needs of the state and the individual units.
• Ensure those Soldiers referred to case management are followed by the case management team.
• Prepare for and/or document team case meetings as directed by the case management team and/or DSS.
• Follow the regulations and policies applicable to Individual Medical Readiness (IMR) and deployment, to include the AR 40-501, and other applicable guidance.
• Ensure all medical documentation received from the Soldier and/or their medical team is received and placed in appropriated electronic record, as well as the Soldier’s hard copy record.
• Maintain Soldier medical records in accordance with Army Regulation (AR) 40-66.
• Provide Records Custodian or delegate with all relevant medical/dental documentation.
• Obtain release of information from Soldier.
• Provide Soldiers applicable information on resources available to improve medical and dental readiness.
• Maintain Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) standards and guidelines.
• Maintain medical/dental office or hospital contacts for case updates and medical records.
• Upload medical documents of case managed Soldiers into Health Readiness Record (HRR).
• Stamp all medical documents for verification after uploading.
• Index uploaded medical documents.
• Provide all medical documents received for case management to Records Custodian to be filed using a document evidencing transfer of custody from the contractor to the government. Copy of each supporting transfer document shall be provided to the COR at the end of each month no later than 7 calendar days at the end of the month.
• Assist in the collection of monthly metrics for all cases assigned or other administrative workload which may include preparing and/or filing all required reports.
• Review outgoing correspondence for format accuracy and content in accordance with AR 25-50 and Department of the Army Memo 25-52.
• Obtain a working knowledge of Military dynamics and organizational management.
• Complete any similar duties as described above that are related to completing the mission of Soldier medical readiness.
• Education/Experience: Must have a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent, and have at least two years’ experience in an administrative position, preferably medical.
• Security: Must be able to pass a national security background check for access into military electronic systems.
• Possess the required technical skills and expertise to perform the above responsibilities with minimal guidance.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and have a working knowledge of desktop computer operations.
• Must be able to travel outside the work area and State/Territory/District to attend medical/dental events and national conferences.
• Must maintain active and valid HIPAA certification.
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Apply to Job #10466 online at www.cherokee-cnhs.com
Established in 2009, Cherokee Nation Healthcare Services (CNHS) provides medical supplies and a wide range of services, including financial recovery, patient appointing, recruiting, credentialing and placement of clinical, administrative and housekeeping personnel for numerous federal agencies and commercial clients. Wholly owned by the Cherokee Nation, CNHS is part of the Cherokee Nation Businesses family of companies.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please visit the following two sites:
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may e-mail CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, click here: www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf