This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB SUMMARY: Provides support for leadership positions and a division or department by leading and coordinating administrative work, projects and staff. Performs various administrative functions requiring in-depth knowledge of departmental programs, operations and services and hospital policies and procedures.
* Independently composes and edits complex and sensitive correspondence, reports and documents for final approval by manager.
* Oversees planning and preparation for committees. Distributes minutes, prepares agenda, materials and committee work.
* Plans, coordinates and makes recommendations in preparation for high-profile programs and events for the department.
* Initiates, organizes and implements systems and procedures to efficiently coordinate work of the department.
* Compiles, analyzes and summarizes data from multiple sources to create detailed complex documents, reports and high-level presentations.
* Associate's degree required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
* 3-5 years related work experience required.
* Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
* WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
* ORAL COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
* KNOWLEDGE: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
* TEAM WORK: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
* CUSTOMER SERVICE: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
PHYSICAL NATURE OF THE JOB:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
Administrative Coordinator to support Dept. of Medicine -Division of Cancer Genetics lab.
BIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATION
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the linked poster:http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf