This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
Massachusetts General Hospital(MGH)
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY GENERAL SUMMARY/ OVERVIEW STATEMENT:
Working closely with the Administrative Manager, the incumbent provides administrative support to practice staff, physicians and the Administrative Manager in an ambulatory care setting and will be responsible for assisting with coordination of the day-to-day operations for the outpatient practices. Ensures coordinated processes and procedures across practices. Working collaboratively with Administrative Manager, the Administrative Coordinator assists with recruitment and training for new and temporary administrative staff.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Assists in recruiting, orienting and training of all new team members
* Provides coaching and mentoring to team members on an ongoing basis to improve operational effectiveness and quality
* Receives, evaluates, and coordinates front desk staffing for the Endocrine Associates Unit.
* Proactively monitors clinic flow by reviewing provider schedules on a daily basis to identify areas of opportunity for level scheduling
* Manages provider master template schedules
* Maintains master exam room schedule in collaboration with the Administrative Manager
* Acts as Cadence scheduling and front desk Super User
* Performs back up coverage duties for other office staff, including Patient Service Coordinators (II & III).
* Provides ongoing review of providers scheduling templates
* Identifies system and operational problems through analysis of current processes. Recommends solutions and improvements. Participates in department wide-improvements.
* Assist in the development and communication of department policies and procedures.
* Communicates and implements department policies and procedures to all team members and makes recommendations for revisions.
* Ensures that billing processes are managed in an effective and efficient manner
* Investigates and resolves issues relating to and arising from the referral and/or billing process, which interrupts the delivery of care to a patient or the reimbursement for services rendered. Addresses patient questions, complaints and concerns.
* Manages special projects
* Performs payroll data entry
* Assists with presenting training sessions to staff
* Monitors all aspects of patient experience, such as review and distribution of CG-CAPHS, and implements improvements such as in-service trainings, in collaboration with Administrative Manager.
* Attends monthly Practice Management Forum and Cadence Super User meetings.
* Performs all other duties or special projects that are unit specific and that are appropriate to this position. Ensures the Administrative Manager and Clinical Directors are informed regarding progress on assigned projects.
Exceptional computer skills (including word processing, database, electronic mail, internet, and spreadsheets) required. Proficient with Microsoft Office suite, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
Strong communication, interpersonal and leadership abilities.
Excellent attention to detail.
Ability to work with physicians and relate to their concerns on a one-to-one and group basis.
Exceptional organizational skills, flexibility to handle multiple tasks and deadline pressures, and accurate attention to details.
Strong sense of fairness in dealing with personnel at subordinate, peer, and superior levels.
Must have the ability to be function in a fast-paced environment and manage competing demands effectively.
Requires a high level of empathy, compassion and confidentiality.
Ability to take initiative and exercise judgment required.
Excellent interpersonal skills.
Ability to work independently or in a team environment
Demonstrated ability to work effectively and courteously with diverse groups of patients, staff and providers while handling various tasks simultaneously.
Demonstrated ability to solve problems and function as a resource to other members of the team. Ability to resolve complex issues on behalf of the providers and the patients.
Knowledgeable and compliant in all hospital, State and Federal regulatory requirements, including hospital policy and procedures (where applicable to the performance of the job), Joint Commission, and Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA).
* Manages all supply ordering for the Endocrine Associates including supplies for patient care, office/break room, computers, software, clinical equipment, general maintenance management.
* Functions as a resource between clinic staff and financial access coordinators on referral and insurance issues. Remains current on the changing issues impacting the health care insurers.
* Reviews all outpatient Epic billing for accuracy and follow-ups with providers on Epic open encounters and missing charges.
* Generates basic practice volume and scheduling analytic reports, No shows, patient cancellations, co-payment collections, MSPQ report, etc. and data sets for ongoing review with Administrative Manager.
EDUCATION: Associates Degree required. Bachelors Degree in business administration, health care administration, or related field preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 3 years experience in a medical or healthcare setting, with specific experience in the outpatient/ambulatory care setting.
Massachusetts General Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. Applications from protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged.