This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/22/2016
VWR International, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONPerforms secretarial and administrative duties. Manages schedule, arranging appointments, travel, meetings, conference calls, etc. Provides a wide variety of administrative and staff support services to an organizational unit. Work requires some analysis and use of initiative and independent judgment. Remains knowledgeable of business unit's policies. May make contacts of a sensitive, complex, and confidential nature. May work for one or several department professionals, division heads, units, or managers. Works under general supervision with latitude for independent judgment.
* Assist with programs, projects, processes, and the preparation and control of records, statistics, and reports regarding purchasing, quality management, personnel, facilities and operations.
* Maintains goodwill and provides exceptional service to all customers, potential customers and associates.
* Helps ensure regulatory compliance, preparation, completeness and accuracy of required documentation and to facilitate the timely movement of goods.
* Arrange and coordinate business travel for managers, directors, or other division heads.
* Performs administrative tasks such as answering, screening and forwarding inbound telephone calls, providing information, taking messages, maintaining office supply inventory.
Experience & Skills:
* Exceptional interpersonal and relationship building skills, with a high degree of tact and courtesy in dealing with others
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
* Adept at developing and maintaining detailed administrative and procedural processes
* Ability to manage sensitive, complex, confidential information
* Strong computer skills; knowledgeable of Microsoft Office Suite
* Detail oriented, with good organizational skills and a high degree of accuracy
* Ability to multi-task, prioritize tasks to meet deadlines, manage time, problem solve, and work independently as well as part of a team are crucial
* High energy and eagerness to demonstrate personal initiative
* Professional appearance and presentation
* Associate degree in business or secretarial science (two-year program) or equivalent experience; bachelor's degree in business or liberal arts desirable
* Previous experience in customer service and/or sales preferred
Environmental Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
* Typically works in an office with adequate lighting and ventilation and a normal range of temperature and noise level.
* Work assignments are diversified. Examples of past precedent are used to resolve work problems. New alternatives may be developed to resolve problems.
* A frequent volume of work and deadlines impose strain on routine basis.
* Minimal physical effort is required. Work is mostly sedentary but does require walking, standing, bending, reaching, lifting or carrying objects that typically weigh less than 10 lbs.
VWR (NASDAQ: VWR), headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, is the leading, global, independent provider of product and service solutions to laboratory and production customers. With sales in excess of $4.3 billion in 2015, VWR enables science for customers in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, industrial, education, government and healthcare industries. With more than 160 years of experience, VWR has cultivated a value proposition delivering product choice, operational excellence and differentiated services to improve our customers' productivity from research to production. VWR's differentiated services provide innovative, flexible and customized solutions from scientific research services to custom-manufactured chemical blends. Our dedicated team of more than 9,300 associates is focused on supporting scientists, medical professionals and production engineers to achieve their goals.
VWR s differentiated services provide innovative, flexible and customized solutions from scientific research services to custom-manufactured chemical blends. Our dedicated team of more than 8,500 associates is focused on supporting scientists, medical professionals and production engineers to achieve their goals.
In addition to being a part of a global organization, VWR offers its associates competitive salaries and a wide range of benefits designed to help them stay healthy, plan for the future, prepare for the unexpected and balance the demands of work and home. VWR offers an outstanding benefits package that includes a 401(k) plan with a generous company matching contribution; medical, dental and life insurance; short- and long-term disability; EAP (employee assistance program); flexible spending account (FSA); holiday/vacation time; work/life balance programs; and education assistance.
At VWR, our associates are the framework of who we are and how we succeed.
We value their accomplishments and offer long-lasting opportunities for growth and success. As a result, a substantial percentage of our associates have 10-, 20- and 30-year histories with VWR. Their loyalty reflects our ongoing commitment to offering great compensation, an engaging culture, and real opportunities for growth and success. VWR is a great place to work and we look forward to adding more outstanding members to our team.
Resume Submissions To VWR From Third Party Recruitment Firms Will Not Be Considered
VWR is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
VWR maintains a drug free workplace.
VWR is a US Federal contractor.
VWR and design are registered trademarks of VWR International, LLC. VWR International, LLC is aware of fraudulent e-mails referencing VWR job opportunities. Please note: VWR does not hire employees through e-mail solicitation and never requests any employee to cash money orders or send money to others. If you question the validity of a job, please visit jobs.vwr.com .
For more information on VWR please visit www.vwr.com .