This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 10/22/2016
Trustees of Dartmouth College
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY ADVERTISEMENT TEXT
Finalists for this position will be required to take an intermediate skills assessment test for Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Plans and coordinates meeting logistics for and communications with Thayer School s Board of Overseers; serves as first point of contact for Overseers and their executive assistants for board meeting logistics and technical questions regarding the board portal/app and materials; performs similar functions for the Dean s Council. Maintains an understanding of the Dean of Thayer School s, Overseers , and Advancement Office commitments and acts to ensure the smooth flow of work and timely achievement of office objectives. Provides high level administrative assistance to the Dean s Office in order to ensure the effective and efficient operations of the School.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
* In-depth knowledge of office procedures and work flow.
* Strong organizational, planning, and program management skills.
* Strong computer skills and experience using computers to research and manage information and data.
* High degree of computer literacy, including Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel, FileMaker, PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat Pro.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to collaborate and interact effectively with individuals at all levels of an organization.
* Meticulous attention to detail, excellent proofreading skills.
* Initiative, sound judgment and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
* Flexible and able to set and adjust priorities as required.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality.
* Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends.
* Three plus years relevant office experience.
* Events and meeting management experience preferred.
* Bachelor s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Not an SEIU Position
Regular Full Time
DEPARTMENT CONTACT FOR COVER LETTER
Marcia Craig Jacobs
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other legally protected status. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS
Employment in this position is contingent upon consent to and successful completion of a pre-employment background check, which may include a criminal background check, reference checks, verification of work history, and verification of any required academic credentials, licenses, and/or certifications, with results acceptable to Dartmouth College. A criminal conviction will not automatically disqualify an applicant from employment. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Board of Overseers and Dean s Council
Primary Point of Contact
* Serves as first point of contact for Overseers and their executive assistants on meeting logistics, materials.
* Communicates with presenters and meeting participants to gather background information for the meeting; monitors deadlines and follows up on details and gaps in information to ensure timely and accurate dissemination of information.
* Coordinates on boarding schedule for new overseers.
* Coordinates logistics for on- and offsite board meetings, including hotel accommodations, meeting space and set ups, catering, IT/AV equipment, ground transportation, etc.
* Attends and staffs social events of the board.
* Coordinates travel arrangements for Dean s leadership in attendance (Dean, CFAO, Asst. Dean, etc).
* Monitors board related expenses and prepares an annual summary of expenses.
Website, Portal and Database Maintenance
* Maintains and updates board s secure web portal/app, BoardEffect; develops and distributes materials, and archives confidential records prior to and after meetings and special events while being attentive to the need to search on key words.
* Trains users and provides first line user support to Overseers, their executive assistants, and Dartmouth and Thayer staff on BoardEffect.
* Stays abreast of updates to BoardEffect; attends annual users conference.
* Maintains and updates the Board of Overseers website and a FileMaker database of current and past Overseers.
* Uses independent judgement to routinely respond to requests for information by phone and email, replying for the Dean and Assistant Dean as necessary, and involving others as required.
* Proactively seeks information from Thayer faculty and departments for Thayer School s Quarterly Reports; compiles draft narrative; prepares associated reports (finance); distributes to overseers and other constituents on and off campus.
* Requests and gathers information for use by the Assistant Dean in developing talking points for the Dean for community-wide events (e.g. convocation, investiture, dean s mid-year report, etc.) Follows through on information gaps as needed.
* Gathers background information, schedules meetings, helps prepare, and distributes key documents, including the three-year program and budget plan, diversity plan, and board chair s annual report.
Patent/Invention & Thayer School Data Coordination
Patents and Inventions
* Contacts students to identify potential student inventors, founders, and project sponsors in order to track patent applications, patents and startups coming out of Thayer School using an in-house patent repository.
* Researches patent applications and their progress using the USPTO, WIPO, and Google Patents; resolves discrepancies; classifies information.
* Prepares final materials to update the Thayer School Inventions exhibit and acknowledge Thayer inventors; works with outside vendors to secure new tiles for the exhibit and inventors.
* Under direction of the CFAO, coordinates updates to the Thayer Stats Google Site, a central repository of key metrics created to ensure the consistent use of statistics at the school.
* In support of the Registrar, helps report faculty stats to external surveys, e.g. U.S. World & News Report.
* Coordinates the Cummings plasma display. Seeks materials from faculty, prepare materials for presentation, tracks and updates materials (makes more sense to be done in communications; as of late July this is not possible but will revisit with them in fall 2016)
* Assists with researching potential guest speakers for signature Thayer events; drafts bios; maintains database of potential speakers.
* Supports the Assistant Dean on new initiatives and special projects, e.g. planning for the 150th anniversary of Thayer School and Thayer Alumni Weekend.
* Evaluates project effectiveness and recommends changes.
General Office Support
* Serves as the primary administrative support for the Assistant Dean and Chief Financial and Administrative Officer; serves as back up coverage for the Dean s Executive Assistant, ensuring consistent support to the Dean of Thayer School.
* Interacts and solves problems with a wide range of internal and external constituents, including faculty, students, staff, alumni, and board and council members; shares information on behalf of senior administrators as appropriate.
* Schedules meetings and appointments and directs individuals to the appropriate person or office.
* Interprets, applies and explains Thayer School policies and procedures.
* Grants access to and schedules the use of