Administrative Program Coord
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 11/3/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY - - - # Administrative Program Coord Department:
PS Medical Oncology - - - # Description Requisition ID:
* Job Title:
* Administrative Program Coordinator
* Position Summary and Key Responsibilities
* The program coordinator provides operational support for the Associate Director, Clinical Investigations of the Cancer Center\. The AD of Clinical Investigations is responsible for the development and oversight of the Cancer Center's clinical trials affiliate network, including oversight over COH's relationship and status with respect to the cooperative groups\. The Administrative Program Coordinator provides administrative and programmatic support for several programs, which cross over clinical, translational, and basic science research\. S/he assists the AD with all administrative aspects including clinical research collaborative efforts, survivorship efforts, cooperative group efforts, and all training grants for the cancer center and the CTSI\. S/he collaborates with the Associate Director in coordinating and facilitating the activities of these programs including collaboration with medical, administrative, support and nursing personnel, research and program development\. The department is a single program within the COH Comprehensive Cancer Center\. Essential Functions:
+ Oversee and coordination of the SWOG program which involves the newly acquired community practices\. This task entails membership coordination; meeting attendance; arrange travel and notification to all members\. S/he will be responsible for improving communications about the cooperative group trials to our research patients and physicians and increasing participation of our membership in committees and initiatives that benefit the Cancer center and the COH at large\. + Partner with the Clinical Research Nurse Manager in setting up monthly meetings with the Community Practice Steering Committee and sub\-sites\. S/he will be responsible for analyzing the data and presenting with research operations in a transparent manner which can be disseminated to key stakeholders\. + Oversee the scheduling of quarterly meetings with the Advisory Committee and Scholars for the K12 Grant and other training programs\. Prepare quarterly evaluations for the Advisory Committee Meetings\. Arrange monthly meetings with the K12 scholars to asses their progress as written by their mentors, organizing the quarterly presentations, coordinating additional training programs \(leadership training, presentation skills, grant writing\) and assisting with the annual progress report\. S/he will need to assist in the preparation of the grant tables, assemble the mentor/mentee data and assist in the budget creation\. + Coordinate quarterly meetings by the Associate Director with all Scholars to review progress on research projects\. Responsible for the management of the grant program expenditures\. + Responsible for notifications and placement of advertisements related and meetings and conferences\. + Coordinate and arrange visits to the community sub\-sites by the Associate Director and the Sr\. VP for Research, as needed\. Work with Sr\. VP, Research Operations to schedule and arrange the Quarterly Community Practice dinners and presentations\. S/he will be COH contact with respect to the coordination of this quarterly meeting\. + Coordinate the Survivorship Research Program at COH \- initially in the breast disease team and then expanding to other disease teams\. This position will serve to consolidate all procedural improvements, data gathering, and will optimize interactions between the survivorship program, disease teams and the clinical research operational staff\. Under the guidance of the AD, Clinical Investigations, the candidate will present informational slide decks on the process improvements to each of the disease teams\. Follows established City of Hope and department policies, procedures, objectives, performance improvement, attendance, safety, environmental, and infection control guidelines, including adherence to the workplace Code of Conduct and Compliance Plan\. Practices a high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining confidentiality\. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested\.*
* Minimum Education and Skills Required for Consideration
Bachelor's Degree Required, Clinical Research Experience, a plus\. Three \(3\) or more years of progressively responsible experience in a clinical research healthcare environment, the conduct of health science research or an equivalent combination of education and experience\. Excellent organizational skills\. Displays tact/consideration in dealing with City of Hope patients and employees\.*
* About City of Hope
* City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life\-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient\-centered philosophy\. Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non\-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand\-in\-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research\. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment\. City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer\. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability\. .