- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
The Administrative Specialist, reporting to Assistant Vice President for Global Engagement, is responsible for a variety of administrative tasks for the Office of the President and the Global Engagement Office. The Administrative Specialist will help manage on-going and ad hoc projects to support the Global Engagement Office growing project portfolio. The Administrative Specialist also serves as back-up to the administrative assistants of the President's Office and the Global Engagement Office.
1. Provides administrative support to the Assistant Vice President for Global Engagement, including: scheduling and coordinating meetings and special events; maintaining calendars; coordinating domestic and international travel arrangements; preparation for meetings and/or presentations; and other related duties.
2. Provides secondary administrative support to the Office of the President and the Global Engagement Office on a wide range of project-based and administrative functions from making copies to greeting and guiding guests through their schedules and assisting with meeting preparations and logistics (including A/V).
3. Provides administrative support to the President's Office, serving as back-up to the main desk and handling various special projects as assigned.
4. Provides special project support and assistance to the members of the Global Engagement Office, including the Center in Beijing, the Center in Delhi, and the Center in Hong Kong, such as assistance with high-priority meetings, workshops, conferences and special events; preparation of meeting materials and presentations; and other duties as assigned.
5. Processes financial reimbursements and payments. Coordinates complex domestic and international payment requests using epayments, prepares faculty/staff reimbursements using GEMS, creates purchase orders, and places orders when required. Monitors and reconciles expenses for tracking purposes. Prepares internal transfers between accounts and other financial duties as needed.
6. Serves as back-up to the administrative assistants of the Office of the President and the Global Engagement Office.
7. Other duties as assigned.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or status as an individual with disability.
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity / Disabled / Veterans Employer.
Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process may contact Human Resources by calling 773-834-1841 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with their request.