Administrative Support Assistant 9/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
Decypher is a leading integrator of professional, technology, and management solutions and services. We provide our services globally to Federal, Commercial, Local and State clients. Our employees are our most valuable asset and play an integral role in the success of Decypher and our clients. Working at Decypher is not a job, but a career where your talent and energy is respected and you can personally make a difference. Decypher invites you to join our professional team. Decypher is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce (M/F/D/V).
Decypher is seeking Administrative Support Assistant candidates to support Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, located at Bethesda Maryland.
* Reviews and interprets directives and regulations; advises on development and implementation of local administrative directives and procedures. Develops internal policies, procedures, and work methods affecting administrative management operations and ensures compliance, and through review of completed studies, reports, correspondence, etc., for adherence to procedures and policies.
* Analyzes the role and impact of other auxiliary departments on the proposed research and coordinates their input. Evaluates research protocols for compliance with applicable regulations governing human subject s protection. Assures the proper documentation of project/study, giving particular attention to any protocol modifications.
* Reviews and approves all levels of correspondence prior to signature of the Chief of GME. This includes products developed by other employees. Reviews and distributes incoming correspondence based on knowledge of organization business processes.
* Serves as primary POC for the department training files. Establishes policy and time frames for the process and monitors the final preparation of all files. Monitors and suspense preparation of annual performance appraisals and corresponding performance awards.
* Creates, maintains and purges personnel and mission files for the organization anticipating the needs of staff members. Creates and maintains an official file system in such a manner that documents may be located on a moment s notice. Locates and summarizes files as required by the Chief of GME.
* Reviews and edits a variety of routine correspondence for Chief of GME or other personnel in the department. Reviews outgoing correspondence for procedural, grammatical, spelling, and contextual accuracy.
* Receives calls, greets visitors, and directs them to appropriate personnel. Takes care of routine matters, or refers inquiries to appropriate personnel. Receives and directs incoming mail. Maintains the organization suspense file and ensures timely completion; maintains organization calendar. Exercises judgment to schedule meetings, conferences and appointments, and gathers information to prepare Chief of GME; prepares travel orders trainees and GME staff as needed.
* Responsible for analyzing monthly reports for Chief of GME to identify personnel changes and funding changes within the organization.
* Responsible for the local work area's safety and work order initiation. Reports safety hazards and prepares or calls in required work requests and is responsible to monitor through their completion.
* Maintains working knowledge of various applications software used within GME and provides advice/assistance to the Chief of GME, managers and associates as required. Operates Microsoft Mail System. Routinely checks for incoming messages. Composes and transmits messages to Chief of GME and other staff members as required. Operates, maintains electronic suspense tracking system for organization projects, correspondence, performance management, etc. Uses the department of defense system for timekeeping. Uses the Defense travel system for preparing travel orders and vouchers.
* Qualified typist
* Clearance: NACI
* Must be US Citizen
* Three (3) years of working experience.