Administrator Home Health - Hospice RN 8/14/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Area Administrators for Home Health/Hospice are accountable to the Regional Director, Home Care Services and the Shared Service Governing Board for managing the development, planning, design, delivery and evaluation/improvement of home care and hospice services, programs and operations at multiple sites and Service Areas. Accountable for profit/loss, performance management/improvement, regulatory compliance, policy and procedure administration, systems management, utilization management program. Ensures compliance with Medicare, TJC, and other federal, state, and local requirements. Under the direction of the Regional Director, Home Care Services and in collaboration with the Directors of Patient Care Services: develops, maintains and evaluates/improves clinical practice standards and ensures consistent implementation and coordination of services. Responsible for the delivery of home health services/programs that add value and are integrated with Regional Home Health/ Hospice and organizational strategic and business goals/objectives.
* For multiple sites and service Areas: directs and organizes the Directors of Home Health and Hospice Patient Care Services in the design, delivery and evaluation/improvement of direct patient care and other home health services/programs provided by nursing and other clinical staff.
* Assures that services/programs meet or exceed cost, quality, clinical and utilization standards and performance measures including but not limited to: profit/loss accountability, performance management/improvement, regulatory compliance administrative oversight, home health computerized applications, maintaining a consistent utilization management program.
* In collaboration with other Home Health/Hospice Area Administrators: develops and implements strategic planning across Service Areas for multiple agencies to achieve the most cost-effective, efficient levels of patient care services both clinically and operationally.
* Collaborates with physicians, continuing care, outside care coordinators, and case managers to plan for and meet home care needs of members.
* Designs and evaluates processes and policies/procedures to improve systems, patient care results, quality and outcomes management across the continuum of care.
* Ensures policies, practices and procedures comply with administrative, legal and regulatory requirements of Health Plan and governmental and accrediting agencies.
* Develops and monitors budgets and resource allocations.
* Monitors financial performance and identifies and implements strategies to reduce costs and improve quality of service/care.
* Responsible for the efficient delivery of home care services provided through outside providers and ensures appropriate oversight to maintain high-quality local contracts for diverted cases.
* Accountable for the efficient delivery of Home Health and Hospice services by participating in and collaborating with Service Area and Continuing Care Leaders in the development, negotiation and utilization of cost-effective, high quality contracts across the continuum of care with outside providers and joint contracting opportunities.
* Determines the appropriate staffing requirements and develops processes to interview, hire, train and maintain the competency of all department staff.
* May perform other duties as assigned.
* Minimum four (4) years of health care management experience.
* Bachelor's degree in nursing, health services or business administration, management, public health or related discipline.
License, Certification, Registration