Administrator (Hospice Service Line) 8/19/2016
Lake Charles, LA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description
Plans, organizes, directs, supervises, and evaluates all hospice programs of CHRISTUS Care at Home, including clinical, operational and financial performances. Develops other services based on community needs. Assumes oversight responsibility for the hospice program to ensure that all activities which support regulatory compliance, monitoring evaluation and performance improvement are carried out. Supports corporate mission, values, goals and procedures. Facilitates communication and collaboration among programs to promote excellence in patient care services. Assists in overseeing all aspects of recruiting, screening, hiring, disciplining, counseling and termination of Associates. Responsible for the direction and evaluation of program directors. Participates in the development and management of budgets for departments under his/her direction. Responsible for achieving budget and company goals.
- Bachelor's degree in nursing or related field is required; exception may be made with 3-6 years of hospice management experience.
- Masters degree is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required. Must be able to communicate in detail when setting expectations or outlining goals & objectives.
- At least three (3) years management experience is required, with at least one (1) year of hospice management experience.
- Demonstrated leadership skills (decision making, problem solving, delegation, prioritizing). Supervisory experience is required.
Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse
- Current driver's license with adequate transportation
- Current automobile insurance