Administrative Assistant, (Community Involvement). Chicago,IL
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 10/26/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION
Aon plc (NYSE: AON) is the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing services. Through its more than 61,000 colleagues worldwide, Aon unites to empower results for clients in over 120 countries via innovative and effective risk and people solutions and through industry-leading global resources and technical expertise. Aon has been named repeatedly as the world's best broker, best insurance intermediary, reinsurance intermediary, captives manager and best employee benefits consulting firm by multiple industry sources. Visit www.aon.com for more information on Aon and www.aon.com/manchesterunited to learn about Aon's global partnership and shirt sponsorship with Manchester United.
We currently have an exciting career opportunity for an ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT in our CHICAGO, IL office. This position will support Aon s COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT team.
The Administrative Assistant, Community Involvement provides general administrative support to the Community Involvement team.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Process payments for Aon Foundation and Aon corporate giving programs (on a daily basis) including performing due diligence, submitting requests to accounts payable, sending out payments, handling voids and reissues, tracking value of goods/services received
* Maintain and ensure integrity of organization and payment records in grants management system (Cybergrants) coding for tax report, merging duplicate org records, etc;
* Submit Community Affairs invoices to AP for payment, track to confirm payment processing within 30 days; submit expense report receipts for team
* Coordinate Chicagoland blood drives in partnership with the American Red Cross (e.g. secure rooms, promote, provide day-of support as needed)
* Review outstanding checks on a monthly basis and process void/reissue requests as needed
* Monitor departmental inventory and order supplies as needed
* Secure meeting rooms for department and visitor access
* Process incoming mail for the department
* Help prepare payment reports for annual Aon Foundation and corporate tax filings; file Attorney General and Secretary of State annual reports; prepare Directors and Officers Independence Review
* Support volunteer activities in Chicagoland as needed
* Additional tasks as needed
REQUIRED SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor's degree preferred but not required
* 3 years of prior relevant experience
* Proficient in Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point)
* Ability to work and achieve, with minimal supervision, in a fast-paced environment
* Superlative organizational skills and attention to detail
* Demonstrated initiative, follow-through and problem-solving ability
* Strong team player
* Top notch customer service skills and an ability to communicate effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
* Strong passion for and interest in corporate philanthropy and volunteerism
* Innate curiosity; desire to learn and further develop
* Occasional evening/weekend events or projects required
JOB NUMBER: 2420705
CATEGORY: Business Services Group
LOCATION: United States, IL, Chicago