This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Under the direct supervision of the Patient Account Manager, the Supervisor is responsible for assisting the management team with the daily operations of all functions of the Admissions Department. The Supervisor integrates the department s services with the hospital s primary functions, operational
policies and procedures that guide or support service, assesses and improves department performance, and ensures orientation and continuing education of department staff. As a key member of the management team, this person drives excellence in customer service.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Consistently supports and communicates the Mission, Vision and Values of St. Joseph Medical Center. 2. Follows the St. Joseph Medical Center Guidelines related to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), designed to prevent or detect unauthorized disclosure of Protected Health Information (PHI).
3. Promotes a culture of safety for patients and employees through proper identification, proper reporting documentation and prevention of medical errors in a non-punitive environment.
4. Effectively supervise assigned areas of Admissions to ensure quality, productivity, and excellent customer service
5. Perform patient registration, scheduling, and other duties as needed to ensure timely throughput and stellar service delivery
6. Ensure QA is performed daily on scheduling and registration functions in accordance with QA guidelines; maintain statistics; track, trend and train to ensure revenue integrity, denial prevention, and performance improvement
7. Supervise and maintain the productivity of employees
8. Train new employees in all aspects of their assigned job
9. Provide continuous training for existing employees
10. Assist with the preparation of payroll and complete monthly work schedules in accordance with
budget to ensure adequate staffing levels and minimal overtime; reporting labor variances as required
11. Follow up on patient concerns promptly
12. Implement and promote excellent customer service
13. Work closely and professionally with outside agencies on special projects as requested
14. Make interviewing, hiring, and counseling recommendations to Admissions Manager
15. Contribute performance information for employee evaluations in a timely manner; utilizing standard trended individual and department performance measures; ensure competencies are met and competency checklists are appropriately maintained
16. Supervise, maintain, track and trend the productivity of employees
17. Review the quality of scheduling and patient registration processes on a daily basis
18. Process all paperwork in a timely manner
19. Work closely with management team to ensure all procedures regarding patient accounts are completed in a thorough, accurate, and timely manner
20. Responsible for managing cost within budget; reporting budget variance as required
21. Ensure compliance with federal and state regulations
22. Adhere to and support facility policy and procedure
23. Operationalize Admissions Policy and Procedures
24. Maintain a clean Master Patient Index and work closely with Medical Records to ensure streamlined and accurate information exchange
25. Monitor and maintain daily operational reports and controls within the required standard (pre-admit; unbilled; etc.)
26. Contribute to the development of A/R goals for Admissions
27. Conduct regular in-services for all areas of responsibility
28. Work closely with nursing and ancillary departments to ensure unity in service delivery
29. Assume on-call responsibilities to ensure staff are appropriately managed after hours
30. Actively engaged in cost control with regard to quality outcomes without compromise to patient safety or quality of care
31. Attends and participates in meetings, in-services, and educational offerings appropriate to Admissions including but not limited to QI, JCAHO, Infection Control, Patient Safety, Revenue Integrity, and Performance Improvement
32. Practice and adhere to an ethical professional code of conduct in compliance with company mission/values
33. Other duties as assigned
34. Supportive of the compliance program set forth by IASIS Healthcare and demonstrated by:
* Upholds the Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance.
* Adheres to and helps to enforce all compliance policies relevant to his/her area.
* Assures timely compliance education as requested by the Regional Compliance and Safety Officer and/or through corporate initiatives.
35. Sets an example to all staff in their daily activities.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
* Minimum 3 years previous hospital Business Office or Patient Access Supervisory experience
EDUCATION & TRAINING:
* High school diploma or GED required
* Bachelor s Degree preferred, experience may substitute degree requirement
* Technical, critical thinking and interpersonal skills relevant to area in order to effectively communicate with physicians, health team members, patients and families.
* Ability to prioritize work with minimal supervision, in order to independently carry out the duties of the position.
* Able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
* Additional languages preferred.
* Advanced computer knowledge.
Job: Business Services/Medical Records
Primary Location: Texas-Houston
Organization: St. Joseph Medical Center
Education Level: High School Diploma/GED
Employee Status: Full Time Benefit Eligible 36-40 hrs/wk
Work Schedule: Days
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled