Advanced Development Engineering Intern
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 12/21/2016
TE Connectivity has a Product Development Engineer summer internship available in Middletown, PA within the Automotive Business Unit. This role will support the American Advanced Engineering Group. The Advanced Engineering is chartered to focus on the 3+ year horizon and to take invention off the critical path for our product development and platform development teams.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
* Assist Product designers and Development engineers with the following activities:
* Review of customer specifications against design objectives.
* Conceptualization and design of new products and assemblies.
* Review and approval of drawing packages.
* Preparation of product and application specifications.
* Preparation of samples and test requests for verification and qualification testing.
* Procurement and assembly of prototypes and samples.
* Generation and approval of engineering changes under direction of Development Engineers.
* Preparation of new product presentations and technical sales literature.
* Research of new materials and technology.
The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented sophomore or junior currently working toward a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Mechanical and Electrical preferred) and who meets the following qualifications:
* Minimum GPA of 3.0.
* Capability of creative, analytical and structured thinking with the ability to execute.
* Effective problem solving skills.
* Excellent communication & presentation skills (oral & written).
* Strong computer skills - Exposure to 3D Modeling using SolidWorks or Pro/E a plus